Civilian capital ships can now enter belts?

J.D.

Veteran endo
I’m just wondering this, because I heard word from a starbase community that the devs are allowing civilian capitals in belts now…. It was said that it can warp to stations you own in the belt, meaning that placing a foundation block down creates a warp way point, in essence. Is this true?

Last edited:

Vanidar

Well-known endo
Everything I've seen has said CCAPs cannot enter the belt. The mechanism in which you gather warp jump coordinates comes from another device (let's call it a nav device since I don't remember the exact name) that you would typically bolt onto a smaller ship and fly to a desired area first, grab the coordinates via some button or functionality on the nav device, then take the nav device back to the CCAP. You can then jump to that coordinate.

So, if you can now use stations as a jump point AND you can do so into the belt, that goes against two different facts I've heard at the same time. Where exactly did you hear that? I imagine it's just hearsay or someone bullshitting.

J.D.

Veteran endo
By the way, I want this thread civil, and respectful. I’ll ignore every rude, and aggressive comments, and also report all of them.
Everything I've seen has said CCAPs cannot enter the belt. The mechanism in which you gather warp jump coordinates comes from another device (let's call it a nav device since I don't remember the exact name) that you would typically bolt onto a smaller ship and fly to a desired area first, grab the coordinates via some button or functionality on the nav device, then take the nav device back to the CCAP. You can then jump to that coordinate.

So, if you can now use stations as a jump point AND you can do so into the belt, that goes against two different facts I've heard at the same time. Where exactly did you hear that? I imagine it's just hearsay or someone bullshitting.
yea, I thought I knew the mechanics behind the CCAP, but then I heard this. I saw it from Kenetor, in his discord. So I figured since it was him, he’d definitely know,.

Vanidar

Well-known endo
yea, I thought I knew the mechanics behind the CCAP, but then I heard this. I saw it from Kenetor, in his discord. So I figured since it was him, he’d definitely know,.
Ah okay, that's concerning then. That's the only real drawback of a CCAP from what I understand is that it can't enter the belt at all. Not sure, hoping Kenetor was confused.