Confused about Capital Ships and the belt

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
From what I've gathered from the scattered details about capital ships they can jump anywhere except inside the belt. But there is going to be a lot of player stations inside the belt (and outside the safe zone). So are capital ships allowed to only go into the belt in order to attack a station but for no other reason?

What about visiting your own allied station or visiting a player station that is a hub of the economy?

Or did I just misunderstand and capital ships can go anywhere?

J.D.

Veteran endo
From what I've gathered from the scattered details about capital ships they can jump anywhere except inside the belt. But there is going to be a lot of player stations inside the belt (and outside the safe zone). So are capital ships allowed to only go into the belt in order to attack a station but for no other reason?

What about visiting your own allied station or visiting a player station that is a hub of the economy?

Or did I just misunderstand and capital ships can go anywhere?
Yea, you misunderstood a bit. We have civilian capital ships, and we have military capital ships. The civilian cap ship is 100 percent safe at all times. This ship cannot enter belt. Nor can it be involved in siege mechanics. It’s impossible to destroy, steal, etc this ship. Military capitals can enter belt, and they are the ones used for siege mechanics. They have said you can upgrade your civilian to military if you want.

Salbris

Yea, you misunderstood a bit. We have civilian capital ships, and we have military capital ships. The civilian cap ship is 100 percent safe at all times. This ship cannot enter belt. Nor can it be involved in siege mechanics. It’s impossible to destroy, steal, etc this ship. Military capitals can enter belt, and they are the ones used for siege mechanics. They have said you can upgrade your civilian to military if you want.
I just rewatched their video again to remind myself as well. But this begs the question can capital ships be attacked by other capital ships? I hope so because otherwise everyone will just use military capital ships to do easy deep belt mining.

J.D.

Veteran endo
The capital ships are very expensive. And They take a lot of time to make, requiring alloys, which are coming soon. It’s kinda like end game type stuff from what I’m understanding. I’m betting You won’t see these as often as you might think. But, this has been a topic in the community as well.

cl0ck

Learned-to-sprint endo
I just rewatched their video again to remind myself as well. But this begs the question can capital ships be attacked by other capital ships? I hope so because otherwise everyone will just use military capital ships to do easy deep belt mining.
AFAIR, according to one of the videos capital ships CAN attack capital ships as long as they are of the same class size. You most likely get a warning that another capital ship is warping to your capital ship's position just like station siege notifications. Not sure though.

Salbris

AFAIR, according to one of the videos capital ships CAN attack capital ships as long as they are of the same class size. You most likely get a warning that another capital ship is warping to your capital ship's position just like station siege notifications. Not sure though.
Do you recall which video? I watched capital ships and station siege specifically looking for that information and I didn't see it. They explicit mention that civilian capital ships are completely indestructible (but they can't join battles or enter the belt).

cl0ck

Learned-to-sprint endo
i'm talking about non-civilian cap. ships. i believe there are going to be different tier'd military cap ships.

J.D.

Veteran endo
yes. you cant take just any military cap ship and siege anywhere. the devs made it this way so that way people wont troll shitty cap ships vs stations much larger. you have to have a cap ship of equal, or greater tier to the station. OR have multiple small mili cap ships that equal the tier of the station.

Vanidar

Well-known endo
The capital ships are very expensive. And They take a lot of time to make, requiring alloys, which are coming soon. It’s kinda like end game type stuff from what I’m understanding. I’m betting You won’t see these as often as you might think. But, this has been a topic in the community as well.
That all may be true, but extreme price can be overcome by a large number of nolifers on the internet suprisingly quick. If MCAPS can be used for mining in any way within the belt and cannot be sieged or attacked, that itself is a huge issue to the whole idea of risk/reward. CCAPS sitting just outside the belt and mining is already on the far end of the "safe" side of the slider.

J.D.

Veteran endo
That all may be true, but extreme price can be overcome by a large number of nolifers on the internet suprisingly quick. If MCAPS can be used for mining in any way within the belt and cannot be sieged or attacked, that itself is a huge issue to the whole idea of risk/reward. CCAPS sitting just outside the belt and mining is already on the far end of the "safe" side of the slider.
Lauri responded on the other capital ship thread to this subject
Lauri responded to my question in the progress notes of capital ship thread.