Devs: Post even the smallest of update notes

Vexus

Master endo
One way to ensure the game never recovers players is to go radio silent on the game. Even the smallest bug fix will cause some video game journalist to write about it, or some video creator to make a video on it. The new fixes for station LOD and Capital Ship issues should have a Steam page update about them and so on. Communication is the best way to keep alive. Potential new players, if they see the last update was too old, will just pass. But if they see anything fresh at all, it can bring them in. I know it's not worth it in the short run to dedicate dev time, due to sales not covering the cost of the dev salary, but in the long term it may be worth it to just have something happening every couple weeks. Please post news to the regular channels such as Steam page, here and Discord, among wherever else, to ensure there's always something fresh regarding the game for people to view.

pavvvel

Veteran endo
Venus, you're writing into the void. I'm not criticizing you. I'm just writing a fact.
confirmation of the fact: since the release of the update, all my reports have been answered only 1 time. the capital is broken on 90% of the construction - all the reports are unanswered. there was a bug in the ship editor with a large complex ship - there is no answer to the report. I bought a chip with coordinates, it broke down - there is no answer to the report. I did reports on the refund of capital - there is no answer. I wrote to two FB employees in discord PM - there is no answer.

Colonkin

Active endo
Same.
The capship ticket has been hanging for a week or more. Resources are there to build a new one. Until then, I'll wait. They will not fix it - I will return to DU if there is a wipe.

Vexus

Master endo
The devs did post some news about these bugs, which has been well received with many upvotes on the Steam platform for example. In addition, Kai has been working through the ticket/reports for bugged stations - reach out on Discord if you're still waiting. It is a tough problem and with fewer devs working on support right now it is taking longer. It sucks I know but at least there is some activity there.

My main point is for communication to keep coming. Anything at all every now and then goes a long way. How the actuality of that news impacts players could be minimal, but keeping some updates at least keeps people looking at the game; in the long run, it is the die-hard players who stick through all the bugs and issues who become your decade-long supporters who build out the game's meaning from within. So even one person hooked today, in a couple years may be the one making the best content for the game. It's important to never let that slip and always keep news fresh even if it does not reflect anything in game. Dredging old concept art and truly anything of the smallest news-worthiness is good for keeping the Steam feed fresh. If it goes 2-3 months with no update, no one will even think about the game. Missing a release date is hard enough on players' sense of ego. Going into an "old" game with no news or hope of it ever being developed is the surefire way to suicide the game, and I truly do not want that to happen.

pavvvel

Veteran endo
you're trying to soften the pillow. no need. if a beginner comes into the game now, he will inevitably need help through F1. but F1 is absolutely dead.

on the contrary, you should always tell the truth, no matter how painful it may be. During my game, I seem to have encountered all possible bugs. I accept this and am not upset when there is an opportunity to get help from the developer. and before the release of the update, they always helped me.

I lead to the fact that there is no need to soften the corner, because it is clear that only the truth helps to solve problems. I would not want a newbie to come into the game now, get a bug, get no help and delete the game. would you like to?

MrFaul

Well-known endo
I agree with Vexus on this, if you want to stay relevant keep talking.
It doesn't even matter what it is, a simple "were on holiday this week" still shows there is life left.
Well OK you should avoid total BS without any meaning but imo that should be a given.

shado20

Veteran endo
well starbase has a lot of potential. but the one in charge of the game acts like hes never developed a game, the May big patch was what everyone has been waiting for as the game is now somewhat playable. then in the same announcement saying the only reason they pushed the big patch was they are quitting. the station glitch was bad and if anyone was paying attention they could have seen it and stopped/reversed it quickly, but no one is there. the F1 reports are dead or extremely slow. and now the game is -66% $11.89 bargain bin...
i hope this is not a dead game, but the ones in charge are doing a grate job killing it!

pavvvel

Veteran endo
I hope that this game will come to life. I left Elite Dangerous and playing SB because there is no private group, solo mode, blacklist and combat logging. And this is absolutely unique. It costs a lot. I'm waiting....