Difficulty Finding Valid Build Locations Safe Zone Foundation

I'm having a difficult time finding a valid build location for a safe zone foundation. I've spent 4 hours between 31km and 50km of origin stations, not between Eos and the origin stations, travelling up and down, back and forth, and I never get a valid build location. Is anyone else having the same issue.

Second, I've heard that there are variables captured by the ship which indicate something is a valid build location. What are these variables?

William Wolfen

Learned-to-sprint endo
I haven't tried nearly as hard as you have, but the few places I've tried haven't worked. I've been more than 30km from the nearest origin and 5km+ from any other player stations. The station foundation description indicates 30km/1km as the minimum requirements, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Second, I've heard that there are variables captured by the ship which indicate something is a valid build location. What are these variables?
:stationsallowed just set a text panel to that and when it changes to 1 you can build a station in that spot.

If you want it to say yes or no you can name a text panel :CanBuild and then add this code to a yolol chip.
Code:
IF :stationsallowed>0 then :CanBuild="Yes" ELSE :CanBuild="No" END

:stationsallowed just set a text panel to that and when it changes to 1 you can build a station in that spot.

If you want it to say yes or no you can name a text panel :CanBuild and then add this code to a yolol chip.
Code:
IF :stationsallowed>0 then :CanBuild="Yes" ELSE :CanBuild="No" END
Helpful, thanks. I did manage eventually to place a station. More to follow. Will be using this.

Vorg

Well-known endo
Anyone get this working? I found this update note from 2/11/21:
Transponders
  • Added device fields that inform the current area rules (insideSafeZone, playerDamage, shipDamage, collisionDamage, stationsAllowed)
    • Provides 0 if the rule is false, and 1 if the rule is true
    • The transponder must be attached to a ship
I found that while in the safe zone at station 16, checking the beacon, it still showed a 0 for insideSafeZone. I don't think any of this is working.