Do the Developers Visit the Forum?

XenoCow

Master endo
--- Preface ---
The Discord server is thriving and people seem to illicit developer responses often. I think that's great that they interact like that. However, Discord (or any group chat) is hard to keep focused on any subject and organized. These forums are a great idea organizer, and I really enjoy the insightful and intelligent conversations that this medium can harbor.

--- The Meat ---
Outside of posts that the developers make themselves, it seems that they are absent. I hope that they are seeing and considering the discussions that happen here just as much (if not more) than the Discord chats. There is lots of great stuff that I think, especially in the suggestions section, the developers would like to see.

--- Suggestion ---
Please show us that we aren't just talking amongst ourselves (although that's not the worst thing). If posting might cause a sense of bias or give away internal secrets, could you please add a little "Seen by a Dev" icon to posts or threads?

Thank you and I hope a Dev sees this. :p

Last edited:

VenlaFB

Community Manager
Thank you for your message and feedback. It’s true that the presence of the devs on this platform seems scarce compared to Discord and fewer people have been replying to threads lately. I’m confident to believe this is for the release of Starbase Alpha, and not the lack of interest of the playerbase. The CA got released a few weeks ago and devs have had their plates full since. I’m certain that after some time, once the dust settles, they will be more active on this platform. Needless to say, even if you don’t see any posts by the devs, they might still be reading your suggestions and feedback.

Your suggestion of the ‘Seen by a dev’ icon is a fun idea. I’m not sure if that can be added to the forums, but we could at least tell the devs to leave a message in a thread they have read, whether it was just ‘Seen’ :D

XenoCow

Master endo
Thank you very much for your response. I really appreciate it. I'm sure that you all have been laser focused on the CA and the feedback that you're getting from them. Plus, posting in the forums is a bit more involved than a quick message in discord. I understand.

Thank you for considering my suggestion. I think it could be fun too. The icon could be a little word "seen" in the style of the "soon" emoticon on Discord.

I look forward to seeing some more presence of the devs (or other Frozenbyte team members) on the forums unless we're just distracting them from working on making Starbase more awesome. :)