Do you need Yolol to build a ship?

Not sure which forum this would fit into so please move if necessary.

If you want to build/design a ship, but you aren’t good at yolol is your ship just stuck? Can you still use the ship? I know there is a flight computer but what about the drill or resource collectors? Do you need to know/write yolol for each of them? Will doors and lights work if I don’t do at least some yolol? If I design a ship to sell the design do I need to put in computer chips and write all the code for the ship as well?

I really like the yolol and want to learn it, but I’m not sure I’ll ever be as good as some of the stuff I’ve already seen. I know there are probably people out there who want to design ships but have no interest in doing any yolol. That is why I’m asking.

CalenLoki

Master endo
No.
You can make all mentioned things and many more (i.e. displays) just by matching device field names, without any yolol.

It's needed just for automatic stuff. I.e. managing generators to be more fuel efficient.

Mr.Silver

Well-known endo
Yolol just gives an extreme amount of flexibility with features later on, either way as mentioned in the above post you can get by without it

Awesome, thank you for clearing that up! I'm really glad they didn't make the ships dependent on Yolol for people who just want to design ships.