EA Update 13.8.2021 (EA Build 550)

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Awesome, now.. When do we get company storage? :unsure:
Company storage is achieved from a few ways: either company-owned stations, or via new inventory system and just access control from station once again. Both are planned to be done within the next few months.

Was hoping for the "forgotten" option to share ships with company .. ;)

But Seriously.. I really appreciat ethe clear and har work being done on the game.
It's part of the fixes we need to do before the company ships can be patched in, but it's indeed closing in! And cheers :D

Any hints on when the Auciton House will be fixed to show currently missing items? Ie. Crafting Benches
This is under work, I'm hoping it's done within the next few patches.

40 tons for tripods? what? why? dont you think thats extreme?!
You'd be surprised how heavy a lot of stuff are in the game (their tooltips show the weights :))

How does one use the "Free weld Easy Build Mode"? I'm trying to build a simple floor, I want to attach a basic plate to a station module but it just doesn't weld to it and the plate disappears after a relog.
You need to be in station easy build mode. Just press "." inside the station build area and chat tells are you in or not.

This has probably been said a few times, sorting items in inventory is sorely needed unless i missed it somewhere.. ore should join to full stacks better (instead of yeeting them in space and re-grabbing them). I love the updates and the speed that they are being added. keep up the good work, i'm spending way to much time and fun in this game
Inventory V2 will introduce this and a lot more :cool: And cheers!

Easybuild - is the idea that the modules update the ship blueprint too? How about activating the universal tool in sync with the easy build and add a warning message to say it was turned on to automatically update the ship blueprint.
The Update 550 has introduced a few new easy build / module bugs
In easy build mode modules removed with the welding tool are not saved in inventory
Modules with propellent tanks need to be "Crafted full or refilled when placed" because you will not be able to move a new easy build ship.
Possible solution could allow the "Easy build refill station" to refill with out a resource bridge. "Message to say" remember to fill Propellant tanks when they are placed empty?
I had a lot of problems with Fuel rod racks, some were being placed full, others empty
easy build modules did not appear to be adding to the ship resource networks (I could have been reading the Universal tool wrong.

Are you going to allow "Fuel Rod" refills at the fuelling stations? options like, "Fill generator fuel rods" "Fill stored rods 1 +/-, all."
Saves space junk.
Add Tutorial - "Refill" your ship how to use the refill stations. To highlight early game that how you do it

How does one use the "Free weld Easy Build Mode"? I'm trying to build a simple floor, I want to attach a basic plate to a station module but it just doesn't weld to it and the plate disappears after a relog.
You need to be in station easy build mode. Just press "." inside the station build area and chat tells are you in or not.
I am placing it in the build mode. I made a screenshot, placing 2 plates, both were outlined in green when I was placing them. Those plates now outlined in purple are their original position, those ordinary ones are after I rammed into it a bit. I can't move them or pick them up and it completely disappears after relog.
Snímek obrazovky (24).png

Last edited:
This has probably been said a few times, sorting items in inventory is sorely needed unless i missed it somewhere.. ore should join to full stacks better (instead of yeeting them in space and re-grabbing them). I love the updates and the speed that they are being added. keep up the good work, i'm spending way to much time and fun in this game
You shift-drag it to join stacks. Problem is shift is accelerate and it WILL accelerate if you shift-drag. But your point remains valid, even a right click/stack all option would be far better

Weld frames, bolt everything else.