EA Update 2 August 2021 (EA Build 529)

KaiFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Hello everyone and thank you for joining the Starbase Universe! We're aware of many issues troubling you at the moment. We're working on resolving those as soon as possible. We have processed thousands of in-game ship refund requests and our support team + extra hands continue to try to help out as fast as we can.

Today's update is our third hotfix since launch and will bring the game down for approximately one hour maintenance, here is the change log:

Update 2 August 2021 (Early Access build 529)

Hotfix
  • Fixed Ship Shop Ship thrusters getting auto-named when entering Easy Build Mode
  • Added system message when receiving mail
  • Allowed only Modules to be placed while in Easy Build mode
  • Fixed Easy Build Mode deleting ships in some cases
Known issues
  • We are aware of multiple issues around the launch, including the Steam crashes. For the most up-to-date information we suggest joining the Discord and checking the announcements.
In case you continue to run into any bugs that e.g. break your ship, or your ship gets lost due to bugs and you can't afford a tow, or are simply unable to tow it back, please submit an F1 ship refund request in-game, and our team will try to help you out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience while we fix things, and sorry for any problems you might have run into. More updates are on their way!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aha

Veteran endo
Are existing ships getting un-bugged? I got a second laborer, easy build was working fine, I built up a huge 142 cargo crates ship with modules. It was all brilliant but yesterday my ship got bugged and modules don't snap anymore just like with the first laborer on day 1. I crafted tons of modules of which I can't drop out from inventory so I can't really use them at all...

When you fix company chat? I can't see myself messages in that. (Already reset chat and clear cache)

JoelFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
Existing ships probably will not get un-bugged unfortunately. :( You can sell stuff at the Sell terminal though, check out https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Support for some more help in this.

Company chat - are you sure your role/rank has the chat permission enabled? There's A LOT of options related to ranks and roles, and it might be that the chat talk role has been disabled in your role. Talk to your company higher ups so they double check. We haven't heard of bugs related to this so it most likely is a permission issue.

Last edited:
Existing ships probably will not get un-bugged unfortunately. :( You can sell stuff at the Sell terminal though, check out https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Support for some more help in this.

Company chat - are you sure your role/rank has the chat permission enabled? There's A LOT of options related to ranks and roles, and it might be that the chat talk role has been disabled in your role. Talk to your company higher ups so they double check. We haven't heard of bugs related to this so it most likely is a permission issue.
Also my company Collective owner Archduke can't see his own messages, we are checked permission's.

Aha

Veteran endo
:( Is the possibility for ships to get bugged prevented at least? Does it make sense to get a new ship or will it get bugged again? Was something done about this? Can we modify the ship outside easy build and then still attach modules in easy build?
So can I keep using modules and easy build but attach the mining lasers manually I bought from the auction or are easy builders excluded from auction stuff those arent modules?

Last edited:

Company chat does not work for me. It did on the first day or so, but then stopped. Company admins think permissions are ok. It isn't everyone in the Company, only some. I have checked my own tab settings (visible channels, etc). Looks fine.

Aha

Veteran endo
:( Is the possibility for ships to get bugged prevented at least? Does it make sense to get a new ship or will it get bugged again? Was something done about this? Can we modify the ship outside easy build and then still attach modules in easy build?
So can I keep using modules and easy build but attach the mining lasers manually I bought from the auction or are easy builders excluded from auction stuff those arent modules?
I will answer these important questions for you.
No, ships still get bugged very easily. No doesn't make sense to get a new ship, it will get bugged again. Something was done about this maybe but it doesn't show at all. The rest I can not answer, couldn't get there to test.
Cheers.