Economy what we have vs the one we could.

TGess

Well-known endo
I would like to provide comprehensive overviews of Starbase economy in its current state, what can be done better, address the inflation we are facing, ship prices in general, NPC markets and Auction House. I would like to point out that I have a master in economics and these are not just ideas pulled out of thin air. If you don't have time to read this skip it to the Static ore prices.

Inflation of prices, money and its problems.

Currently we are facing tremendous inflation in Starbase that is now about 560% compared to day 1 of SB. In comparison inflation in Venezuela was about 500% which is one of the worst managed economies on this planet. This in itself tells a lot about how SB economy is being handled.

A bit of theoretical background. Why is inflation bad. Inflation in itself isn't bad when it's managed. 1-2% yearly inflation is actually ideal in the real word economy. One would say that game has nothing to do with real life economy but he could not be more wrong. All economy models are simplified and they actually are “games” or simulations with just the key aspects being calculated on the very basic level. That is exactly what the game is, a simplified real world where time flies faster as we don't have our whole lives to live inside said game. This part is important and we will work with it when talking about ship prices.

Main reasons why too high of inflation is bad for the game:

UX and GoL are the main reasons. It is very hard to count in millions or even billions, the amount of numbers is overwhelming, everything feels highly overpriced and from real life we are used to counting stuff in ten of thousands at max. Euro or Dollars are the two main currencies which people use and they are used for stuff costing 10, 100, 1k, 10k dollars but noone is ready to count in billions.

Other reasons:

Money is losing value fast. I was able to buy 321 vasamas, now I can buy just 57 vasamas and I did not spend a single credit. All the balance gets broken every time when FB devs change stuff by 200% in one patch. This makes starter jobs earning unbalanceable. It takes up to 10 hours of doing starter jobs now to get a hauler. It took one hour 3 months ago. Simply because someone can't create solid design for pricing of ores. Which is the key that affects the whole economy. And it's not getting better! It's getting worse every week.

Best message to date about this is quote from one CA player:
<C:\LemonGrab>06.11.202>
Also, I just checked ship prices for myself. +500k for a Vasama. 4m for a Hauler. I said it before and I'll say it again, the devs are breakdancing on their keyboard and calling it balancing.

People say I am too negative, that I don't appreciate being in the CA. Well to those people I say no. If you overlook these problems now, where they can be forgiven, they will make it to the EA and ruin the game reputation forever. But not only I give criticism I also provide solutions! For free just because I care about the game.

Solving this issue

Solving inflation is actually quite easy, it's more than doable in CA and you don't need any other game features for it to work. Not only that, you can build other game features on top of it. I do like FB a lot and they are great devs but saying that they can't balance it now cause they are waiting for other features is pure BS. Anyone who understands the topic can do it and after the last 7 months in CA I am more than certain that they really have no clue what is going on or at least someone who is in charge of that economy. Also the economy can not wait, it is the core feature of any MMO. It can as well be a single player game without a working economy. And you can't balance the economy in a week even if you did not sleep a single night.

First comes design. How much should a ship cost, how do we value the money, is 1000 credits a lot of money? 1000 euro is not a lot but it is not a little. Let's say we go for user friendliness, if I have to count zeros when trading with someone or listing items for sale we already failed the task. That means the most common transactions can not be done in millions. Currently in SB I go through 50 million credits, I sure don't go through 50 million credits IRL, I would have to buy like 5 supersport cars and I would still have money left.

So one criterion is to not count zeros. We could make a stack of ore for 100 credits but that would leave us no room for cheap items. So we need room for balancing as well. And for items that are made out of those stacks. So we want to go smaller than 100000 cause you can see for ourselves how hard it is to read it and know if it's 100.000 or 1.000.000. But we want to go higher than 100.

Ideal base price for stack of ore would be 10 000 credits. For every ore NPC market buys from you. There are two ways where to go from here. One is static and the other one is dynamic. Static ore prices are much simpler to execute but they would mean no more NPC items selling ship parts. Not a big deal for most but I want to present both variants to allow better discussion. Every rock or ice material would be 2k per stack.

Static ore prices.

When you get Ore you can either keep it, sell it to the NPC market for 10k credits per stack or list it on the AH if you can sell it for more there. So junk ores that everybody has in a given cluster are sold to the station instantly, it does not matter in which cluster you live, devs don't have to balance anything, ores you need you keep and the ones that are being sold for a lot of credits you list on the AH.

People would have to manufacture all the ship parts and list them on the AH, they could be shown on the same displays we have them now but they would all be player made and the one that noone made would still be listed as out of stock. Reason for that is you can't create the correct corresponding price in the NPC market if all the ore prices are 10k.

Prices of tools, ammo and weapons would all be static and it would be really easy to balance, there would never be any inflation cause you always gain money at the same pace over the whole universe.

It's non exploitable compared to a dynamic economy and it is a true player run economy as players mine all the ore, refine all the ore and manufacture all the parts and exchange all the listed items on the AH. Someone has a factory for thrusters so he lists thrusters but buys charodium, someone makes hardpoints so he needs different parts.

There will be more parts than there will be ships of course which would make the AH crash if demand is under supply. Its computer game and economy is simplified so NPC market has to buy both ingots and completed items as well. Price at which you sell every smelted or refined ingot would be 10k times the amount of stacks you need for a given ingon cause purity value exists + refined material bonus. That translates in to Ip = 10 000 * X + Br. (Ip = ingot price, X = amount of stacks, Br = Bonus for refining )

Refined material bonus is yet to be designed how much it would be but that is the ideal way to do this. You already know what the price will be, you just have to determine how much it will be when we get refining but the price is already designed and you know what you are doing. You can compare how long it takes to refine a stack of ore and adjust the bonus on that. It can be 1k, 5k, 10k of credits. Who knows how long it will take but you already know this value exists and you can work with it as Y. If refining each material takes different time than Br = q*Tr. (q = base refining bonus, Tr = relative time to refine said ore)

Price of manufactured items would be using the price of ingots that we defined plus manufacturing bonus. Ip * Y + Bm. (Ip = ingot price, Y amount of ingots needed, Bm = bonus for manufacturing. Again we don't know how long will manufacturing of each part take and if different parts have different manufacturing times. In that case Bm = k*Tm. (k = base manufacturing bonus, Tm = relative time to manufacture said part)

This system would make all the parts in the whole universe no matter what cluster or location or amount of players cost exactly the same when selling to the NPC market so you would not give credit boosts when living in a better area than someone else, let's say in Xhalium field. So exploiting npc markets would not be possible but! You can still have manufacturing advantage in making some of the parts and selling them to other stations. With the current system you can just live in an arkanium cluster, get shit ton of credits from the NPC market and ruin the life of everyone else living anywhere else.

This would also lock the inflation in place cause the prices you get from stations would be relatively low when it comes to getting credits. You can't just live in a corazium cluster, get credits 6x faster than anyone else and start inflating the economy. Single mechanics can't stop inflation completely, not the player made one but for those there are different mechanics. This would stop the dev made inflation and would give us a great start to work with all the incoming loops described above.

Current ship prices

Mechanics described above would not fix the stupid ship prices we have now. But it could be used for such things. We now have ship price which is 93% ores and 7% refining, manufacturing and assembly cost fee. My ship now is 500 stacks so I need 465 stacks of ore and sell 35 of them to pay the fee. The final cost in time we have now can stay if these numbers change like this = 35% materials, 20% smelting, 35% manufacturing, 10% assembly. We already know how much each of that fee is as we defined it above. But if we give all the jobs the same value per minute we would get a price of 175 stacks and fees that would require 100 + 175 + 50 stacks to be sold to the npc market to be paid in credits. This already balances the game cause I know how much I really have to pay for the ship (175 stack) plus I know that by creating furnaces, factories and other automation methods I can save 65% of the price! Right now with all that I could save 7% which is what pisses people off.

The ship prices paragraph is very simplified but these goals could be defined before to further balance the bonus you get from refining and manufacturing and the same bonus + 25% you have to pay in credits to the SSC if you want it to do this manufacturing and refining for you.

Last few words

Current state of the economy is, let's say, questionable. I often hear "Dude its CA" or "Don't be so hard on them" but you can't balance the economy one week before release, not even a month before. There are many issues that are unnecessary and that are purely design choices that do not respect that people still play the game during CA.

Thank you for your time TGess

MyrddinE

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
When you have an 'economy' that's controlled by random people erratically posting ore to an AH, that's not an 'economy' yet. We'll need a higher population to really tell how inflation will work. In addition, setting fixed ore prices won't stop inflation at all; we already have price floors on ore (that are only a little higher than your pricing), yet the AH is selling all those ores for a 10 to 500% premium. Your solution doesn't address the actual causes of inflation at all.

The other part, related to cost scaling, is not related to inflation at all. If the base price for ore is 10k, then a ship that requires 1000 stacks of ore is still 10 million credits minimum, and probably much larger when you factor in rare ores that are costing much more than the base price.

If you want to avoid counting digits mentally all the time, then a single stack of ore needs to be somewhere in the range of 10 to 100 credits, meaning a small ship will cost around 1000 credits and a huge one (with current limits) around 100,000. This also means that tiny things, like a magazine of bolts, could cost less than one credit. I suspect that rounding issues is a contributer to these high prices; remember that numbers only have three decimal places in Starbase, so issues with rounding could cause problems; stacks of ore are really sales of 1728 individual voxels of ore. If one stack is 10 credits, that means each voxel is 10/1728 credits, or 0.005787 credits... or 0.006, because all the rest of the value is truncated! Stacks would jump from 8.64 credits to 10.368 when a single voxel went up from 0.005 to 0.006 credits. It might be impossible to sell a stack for exactly 10 credits due to rounding issues. If one bolt costs the minimum of 0.001 credit, that means a bolt magazine would cost 0.5 credits minimum... this might not align at all with the miniscule amount of ore actually in that magazine.

So these technical issues contribute to the price inflation by creating rounding issues with smaller numbers. Increasing these numbers (example: a bolt currently adds 20 credits to the cost of my ship) creates larger number in the UI that can be confusing.

An better solution to these difficult-to-parse numbers is a better UI for human-readable numbers. If every number limited itself to 3 or 4 significant digits when displayed, with scaling factors (K, M, G), it would dramatically increase readability.

13930213.028 credits is hard to read; 13.9M credits is much easier, and nothing significant is lost. We could even put that in a YOLOL function: hnum(13930213.028, 4) -> "13.93M" to make it easy to use for players and game systems universally, standardizing the format.

TGess

Well-known endo
Single mechanics can't stop inflation completely, nor the player made one but for those there are different mechanics.

I am talking about dev inflation tho its in the text.

13930213.028 credits is hard to read; 13.9M credits is much easier, and nothing significant is lost. We could even put that in a YOLOL function: hnum(13930213.028, 4) -> "13.93M" to make it easy to use for players and game systems universally, standardizing the format.
Unrelated to the rest of your post, but FYI yolol doesn't have functions that take multiple comma-separated arguments like that

MyrddinE

Unrelated to the rest of your post, but FYI yolol doesn't have functions that take multiple comma-separated arguments like that
That's true, I hadn't noticed that. It's optional though (precision). We could just choose a viable default, like 3 or 4 digits, and always use that if multiple parameters are not supported.

MyrddinE

I am talking about dev inflation tho its in the text.
I guess I don't understand your point. The devs started out selling things cheaper, and now they're changing the balance because they think that was too inexpensive. That's not inflation, or economy... that's just flat-out alterations of the world as the devs decide how it should work.

Inflation is when money is injected into the economy so buyers are willing to pay more for for the same utility as liquidity increases. But that's not what happened in the last couple patches... that was more like if the US ended oil subsidies and suddenly gasoline prices skyrocket. It's direct manipulation... not inflation. And I'm sorry, but expecting the devs to avoid manipulation in a closed Alpha is not a request that makes sense.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
You mentioned modifying the prices of NPC buyers to create a constant price among stations, I don't think continuing support of NPC vendors will be beneficial to the economy altogether, there are other ways to have instant selling of items rather than relying on cheap, infinite sink bots that will just pump credits into the economy.

I think a good thing for this problem would be to introduce a buy order section into the auction house since it is currently hard to see the actual demand of a certain item.
A person could put in a buy order for, let's say, xhalium by depositing a certain amount of credits and posting the order, then anyone who comes along with a sufficient supply of the same ore could sell to that person and then get their money instantly, without having to wait a long time for their ore to sell (especially if they live in an uncommon time zone) and the person who posted the order could potentially get their items at a cheaper price, a win-win for everyone.

This would stop both the occurrence of prices fluctuating as wildly as they have been and the problem of undercutting battles that always comes with this kind of market by having a theoretically constant price that someone could sell to instantly. It would also help put a small brake on inflation by making it so that people can have an easier understanding of what the general consensus of the of an item price is.

I would like to provide comprehensive overviews of Starbase economy in its current state, what can be done better, address the inflation we are facing, ship prices in general, NPC markets and Auction House. I would like to point out that I have a master in economics and these are not just ideas pulled out of thin air. If you don't have time to read this skip it to the Static ore prices.

Inflation of prices, money and its problems.

Currently we are facing tremendous inflation in Starbase that is now about 560% compared to day 1 of SB. In comparison inflation in Venezuela was about 500% which is one of the worst managed economies on this planet. This in itself tells a lot about how SB economy is being handled.

A bit of theoretical background. Why is inflation bad. Inflation in itself isn't bad when it's managed. 1-2% yearly inflation is actually ideal in the real word economy. One would say that game has nothing to do with real life economy but he could not be more wrong. All economy models are simplified and they actually are “games” or simulations with just the key aspects being calculated on the very basic level. That is exactly what the game is, a simplified real world where time flies faster as we don't have our whole lives to live inside said game. This part is important and we will work with it when talking about ship prices.

Main reasons why too high of inflation is bad for the game:

UX and GoL are the main reasons. It is very hard to count in millions or even billions, the amount of numbers is overwhelming, everything feels highly overpriced and from real life we are used to counting stuff in ten of thousands at max. Euro or Dollars are the two main currencies which people use and they are used for stuff costing 10, 100, 1k, 10k dollars but noone is ready to count in billions.

Other reasons:

Money is losing value fast. I was able to buy 321 vasamas, now I can buy just 57 vasamas and I did not spend a single credit. All the balance gets broken every time when FB devs change stuff by 200% in one patch. This makes starter jobs earning unbalanceable. It takes up to 10 hours of doing starter jobs now to get a hauler. It took one hour 3 months ago. Simply because someone can't create solid design for pricing of ores. Which is the key that affects the whole economy. And it's not getting better! It's getting worse every week.

Best message to date about this is quote from one CA player:
<C:\LemonGrab>06.11.202>
Also, I just checked ship prices for myself. +500k for a Vasama. 4m for a Hauler. I said it before and I'll say it again, the devs are breakdancing on their keyboard and calling it balancing.

People say I am too negative, that I don't appreciate being in the CA. Well to those people I say no. If you overlook these problems now, where they can be forgiven, they will make it to the EA and ruin the game reputation forever. But not only I give criticism I also provide solutions! For free just because I care about the game.

Solving this issue

Solving inflation is actually quite easy, it's more than doable in CA and you don't need any other game features for it to work. Not only that, you can build other game features on top of it. I do like FB a lot and they are great devs but saying that they can't balance it now cause they are waiting for other features is pure BS. Anyone who understands the topic can do it and after the last 7 months in CA I am more than certain that they really have no clue what is going on or at least someone who is in charge of that economy. Also the economy can not wait, it is the core feature of any MMO. It can as well be a single player game without a working economy. And you can't balance the economy in a week even if you did not sleep a single night.

First comes design. How much should a ship cost, how do we value the money, is 1000 credits a lot of money? 1000 euro is not a lot but it is not a little. Let's say we go for user friendliness, if I have to count zeros when trading with someone or listing items for sale we already failed the task. That means the most common transactions can not be done in millions. Currently in SB I go through 50 million credits, I sure don't go through 50 million credits IRL, I would have to buy like 5 supersport cars and I would still have money left.

So one criterion is to not count zeros. We could make a stack of ore for 100 credits but that would leave us no room for cheap items. So we need room for balancing as well. And for items that are made out of those stacks. So we want to go smaller than 100000 cause you can see for ourselves how hard it is to read it and know if it's 100.000 or 1.000.000. But we want to go higher than 100.

Ideal base price for stack of ore would be 10 000 credits. For every ore NPC market buys from you. There are two ways where to go from here. One is static and the other one is dynamic. Static ore prices are much simpler to execute but they would mean no more NPC items selling ship parts. Not a big deal for most but I want to present both variants to allow better discussion. Every rock or ice material would be 2k per stack.

Static ore prices.

When you get Ore you can either keep it, sell it to the NPC market for 10k credits per stack or list it on the AH if you can sell it for more there. So junk ores that everybody has in a given cluster are sold to the station instantly, it does not matter in which cluster you live, devs don't have to balance anything, ores you need you keep and the ones that are being sold for a lot of credits you list on the AH.

People would have to manufacture all the ship parts and list them on the AH, they could be shown on the same displays we have them now but they would all be player made and the one that noone made would still be listed as out of stock. Reason for that is you can't create the correct corresponding price in the NPC market if all the ore prices are 10k.

Prices of tools, ammo and weapons would all be static and it would be really easy to balance, there would never be any inflation cause you always gain money at the same pace over the whole universe.

It's non exploitable compared to a dynamic economy and it is a true player run economy as players mine all the ore, refine all the ore and manufacture all the parts and exchange all the listed items on the AH. Someone has a factory for thrusters so he lists thrusters but buys charodium, someone makes hardpoints so he needs different parts.

There will be more parts than there will be ships of course which would make the AH crash if demand is under supply. Its computer game and economy is simplified so NPC market has to buy both ingots and completed items as well. Price at which you sell every smelted or refined ingot would be 10k times the amount of stacks you need for a given ingon cause purity value exists + refined material bonus. That translates in to Ip = 10 000 * X + Br. (Ip = ingot price, X = amount of stacks, Br = Bonus for refining )

Refined material bonus is yet to be designed how much it would be but that is the ideal way to do this. You already know what the price will be, you just have to determine how much it will be when we get refining but the price is already designed and you know what you are doing. You can compare how long it takes to refine a stack of ore and adjust the bonus on that. It can be 1k, 5k, 10k of credits. Who knows how long it will take but you already know this value exists and you can work with it as Y. If refining each material takes different time than Br = q*Tr. (q = base refining bonus, Tr = relative time to refine said ore)

Price of manufactured items would be using the price of ingots that we defined plus manufacturing bonus. Ip * Y + Bm. (Ip = ingot price, Y amount of ingots needed, Bm = bonus for manufacturing. Again we don't know how long will manufacturing of each part take and if different parts have different manufacturing times. In that case Bm = k*Tm. (k = base manufacturing bonus, Tm = relative time to manufacture said part)

This system would make all the parts in the whole universe no matter what cluster or location or amount of players cost exactly the same when selling to the NPC market so you would not give credit boosts when living in a better area than someone else, let's say in Xhalium field. So exploiting npc markets would not be possible but! You can still have manufacturing advantage in making some of the parts and selling them to other stations. With the current system you can just live in an arkanium cluster, get shit ton of credits from the NPC market and ruin the life of everyone else living anywhere else.

This would also lock the inflation in place cause the prices you get from stations would be relatively low when it comes to getting credits. You can't just live in a corazium cluster, get credits 6x faster than anyone else and start inflating the economy. Single mechanics can't stop inflation completely, not the player made one but for those there are different mechanics. This would stop the dev made inflation and would give us a great start to work with all the incoming loops described above.

Current ship prices

Mechanics described above would not fix the stupid ship prices we have now. But it could be used for such things. We now have ship price which is 93% ores and 7% refining, manufacturing and assembly cost fee. My ship now is 500 stacks so I need 465 stacks of ore and sell 35 of them to pay the fee. The final cost in time we have now can stay if these numbers change like this = 35% materials, 20% smelting, 35% manufacturing, 10% assembly. We already know how much each of that fee is as we defined it above. But if we give all the jobs the same value per minute we would get a price of 175 stacks and fees that would require 100 + 175 + 50 stacks to be sold to the npc market to be paid in credits. This already balances the game cause I know how much I really have to pay for the ship (175 stack) plus I know that by creating furnaces, factories and other automation methods I can save 65% of the price! Right now with all that I could save 7% which is what pisses people off.

The ship prices paragraph is very simplified but these goals could be defined before to further balance the bonus you get from refining and manufacturing and the same bonus + 25% you have to pay in credits to the SSC if you want it to do this manufacturing and refining for you.

Last few words

Current state of the economy is, let's say, questionable. I often hear "Dude its CA" or "Don't be so hard on them" but you can't balance the economy one week before release, not even a month before. There are many issues that are unnecessary and that are purely design choices that do not respect that people still play the game during CA.

Thank you for your time TGess
This was a very interesting read. One small detail I would like to note, and correct me if I'm wrong please, I believe ore clusters were removed in the belt rework.

Edit: They are still working on ore distributions so despite what the situation is right now, anything could change.

Last edited:
I guess I don't understand your point. The devs started out selling things cheaper, and now they're changing the balance because they think that was too inexpensive. That's not inflation, or economy... that's just flat-out alterations of the world as the devs decide how it should work.

Inflation is when money is injected into the economy so buyers are willing to pay more for for the same utility as liquidity increases. But that's not what happened in the last couple patches... that was more like if the US ended oil subsidies and suddenly gasoline prices skyrocket. It's direct manipulation... not inflation. And I'm sorry, but expecting the devs to avoid manipulation in a closed Alpha is not a request that makes sense.
So until recently I would have agreed with you but it turns out the definition of inflation is not an influx of currently but rather the decrease in its purchasing power. In the real world the case of inflation is almost always an increase in the money supply but it doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

MyrddinE

You mentioned modifying the prices of NPC buyers to create a constant price among stations, I don't think continuing support of NPC vendors will be beneficial to the economy altogether, there are other ways to have instant selling of items rather than relying on cheap, infinite sink bots that will just pump credits into the economy.
I suspect that NPC vendoring of ore is 100% temporary, and agree it's better if it's gone. It's only needed in this short time where we have too small an economy to sustain normal buying and selling.

I think a good thing for this problem would be to introduce a buy order section into the auction house since it is currently hard to see the actual demand of a certain item.
I'm actually very sad that the AH was not implemented out-of-the-gate with both buy and sell orders. They do a wonderful job of stabilizing the value of items and creating an alternate way for players to get instant profit from the AH, by fulfilling someone else's buy order.

rabirland

Learned-to-sprint endo
"Dude this is CA" is a pretty valid point. The devs expressed many times that CA is not for fully refined features. They are adding them one by one and balancing comes after. At the moment you are not testing an economy, you are testing if purchasing X item will increase it's price in the shop or not. We have a sort-of balance, to let testers play, but not something we should judge.
The active player count is simply not high enough to have any working economy purely player driven, and we yet to have many features that are all intended to drive the economy, like player stations and factories, mining large roids or mining the moon. They even removed level 8 and 9 roids that slows down mining by a large margin.
At the moment the point of AH for you is to test if clicking the buy button will put it in your inventory, and withdraw your credits and not to set up an eve-online level of economy.

The end of CA and beginning of EA is also not to have a fully working feature set, but to start refining them, along adding new stuff. CA is solely for adding stuff, as it was also mentioned before.

kiiyo

Veteran endo
"Dude this is CA" is a pretty valid point. The devs expressed many times that CA is not for fully refined features. They are adding them one by one and balancing comes after. At the moment you are not testing an economy, you are testing if purchasing X item will increase it's price in the shop or not. We have a sort-of balance, to let testers play, but not something we should judge.
The active player count is simply not high enough to have any working economy purely player driven, and we yet to have many features that are all intended to drive the economy, like player stations and factories, mining large roids or mining the moon. They even removed level 8 and 9 roids that slows down mining by a large margin.
At the moment the point of AH for you is to test if clicking the buy button will put it in your inventory, and withdraw your credits and not to set up an eve-online level of economy.

The end of CA and beginning of EA is also not to have a fully working feature set, but to start refining them, along adding new stuff. CA is solely for adding stuff, as it was also mentioned before.
While I agree with this, if any adjusting needs to be done to the economy to make it run closer to Eve, doing it in EA will have a larger impact as there would be way more players. Hopefully they tweak the economy during the high-population phase of CA?

rabirland

Learned-to-sprint endo
While I agree with this, if any adjusting needs to be done to the economy to make it run closer to Eve, doing it in EA will have a larger impact as there would be way more players. Hopefully they tweak the economy during the high-population phase of CA?
Most probably, they can't do anything with that low amount of active players we have, nor without factories and player stations that will have a large impact on these. The next major feature will be player stations, so that is as step forward.

I would guess they focus on economy in the last few months before EA, which is roughly 4.5 months, if they aim to the last days of Q1. Let's say they do features for 2 more months, and spend the 2.5 rest to balance what we have, and add the remaining (hopefully) not that large but useful features.

They dictate quiet fast development speed, so I would say within 1 - 1.5 months we might have working player stations and maybe early iteration of factories.

Kmank

Well-known endo
I really think that they should consider a full server wipe once they implement anything to fix the economy. Horders will just flood the markets with pre-mined materials otherwise (I say this as a horder myself).

I really think that they should consider a full server wipe once they implement anything to fix the economy. Horders will just flood the markets with pre-mined materials otherwise (I say this as a horder myself).
Yeah I'd agree that there needs to be a full wipe (excluding bps ofcourse ) for things to go back to normal. As much as I like what I have now It's painful looking at how expensive things are compared to the start.

CalenLoki

Master endo
IMO wipe would be only reasonable when we get most of the systems that are necessary for working economy. So at least buy offers, components ah/buying ships with components rather than materials.
And that probably won't happen before EA

While hoarders indeed can play the market hard, wipe would hinder testing other game aspects (i.e. station/loot building that requires huge investment)