Electro-Magnets for Connecting Ships Together

I have already put this in the game suggestions part of the official discord but I thought that I should also put it in here too.

I think there should be some sort of electro-magnetic device that could be used to connect ships together for boarding or for other purposes. It wouldn't be able to disable a ship's thrusters like with CLB, only to connect them together, and you would just need one side facing the target instead of three sides that are required with CLB. And it would add more challenge to the game, you'd have to figure out how to prevent them from connecting to your ship by either destroying they're ship before they reach you, changing the polarity of your ships plating (that would be a cool feature to add with the introduction of electro-magnets), or shoot them with a tesla cannon (also not a feature but would be a cool thing to add with the previous items (A tesla cannon is like a rail cannon but instead of shooting a projectile at incredible speeds it would shoot enormous amounts of electricity at your target and totally disabling the electrical system of the target and possibly blowing up the generator)).

I like this idea. It could be implemented in the form of magnetic landing legs, so you could use it to attach to a large ship in order to unload a boarding party, or as a way to have shuttles/figthers secured in a hangar bay