Endos that log out under fire should insta-die

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
One lesson I have picked up from the recent events is that if there is to be a long term future for PvP ground fighting (and maybe one day sieges) then something needs to be done about players who log out when they come under fire.

Instead of being able to re-log and float to a new location while loading, people who log out under fire should just instantly die.

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
I have two variants:
Variant 1: To make the character not disappear from the game at all at the time of exit. Here you can also recharge the character, repair it, and so on.
Variant 2: Implement a 60-second delay before entering the menu, but there are also many nuances here.

shado20

Veteran endo
long term future of PvP ground fighting (aka nonship pvp) was killed when they implemented easy build mode stations. they are too small for a pvp match to be held on. so this leaves all nonship combat pvp down on a moon, where im seeing little reason to fight over anything on the moon.

with this said, there needs to be something, not instantly die! cause if im in a pvp on a friends ship and i disconnect do to bad internet, or the network drops for a sec, i don't need a instant death if i did not get shot. now if the body stayed in space for a time then you have a problem with a derelict corps banging around your friends ship, not a good idea also!

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
This is not really a problem on ships, since nobody logs out when their ship is under fire, as to do so is to give up their ship.

I'm not talking about flakey internet here, it is a problem with endos taking small arms damage who then deliberately log out to main menu to prevent themselves dying, then log-in again and relocate while they are invisible during loading. If people who do this cheese would find themselves back at Origin when they logged back in it would soon stop.

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
I think devls will do - that when you will log out - the body with stay in the space = and every one will be able to destroy it

Personally I believe a temporary solution would to just save the health with which they logged off, and apply a movement penalty for a minute or something after the next login. Perhaps setting stamina to 0 or something.

shado20

Veteran endo
well the biggest problem is that players log off, should talk away the ability to log off and you must play all day every day! that would fix this problem! lol

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
well the biggest problem is that players log off, should talk away the ability to log off and you must play all day every day! that would fix this problem! lol
When you exit the game, your character remains in the place where you left him. And he can be killed if he is outside the sz. Therefore, it would spur players to look for safe places.

shado20

Veteran endo
When you exit the game, your character remains in the place where you left him. And he can be killed if he is outside the sz. Therefore, it would spur players to look for safe places.
no the problem is you exited the game! starbase is your new life now!

pavvvel

Veteran endo
there should be a ban for exiting the game during the battle. or for endo to always stay in the game, even if the player has closed the game. this is necessary because exiting the game during combat breaks the gameplay.
another thing that breaks it is the 3-person view. the player can be behind an obstacle and look through an obstacle, this is wildness. in this game, you can die from 1 bullet and a 3-person view turns pvp into a garbage dump

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
Allowing third-person view while inside of safe zones and then disabling it when exiting the safe zone IMHO would also be fine.

shado20

Veteran endo
next someone will hate how we can delete the contents of the cargo hold while being attacked, robbing them of their fat loot!

alfa2

Learned-to-sprint endo
next someone will hate how we can delete the contents of the cargo hold while being attacked, robbing them of their fat loot!
Oo did not know about this feature. Any way- why not to try to return the ore?

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
The main reason to delete cargo is to speed up the ship to escape and save your ship. A cargo port that allowed you to dump ore into space would be better, but this method has to suffice for now.

Deleting cargo is not game-breaking like combat-logging is. Dumping the cargo is a legitimate choice the player needs to make when dealing with pirates - be greedy and risk death, or lose your ore but have a better chance to escape with your ship.