Fcu & Mfc wont sync

I am having issues with my Flight computers syncing up. I have both bolted down, powered (inspected via 'U'), and even directly linked to each other. Both are supplied with power from batteries and a reactor.
I even went so far as to add a radiator to the loop, as that apparently influences the connection, but still nothing.

Anyone know of any other properties or workarounds I must consider?
Thank you!

EDIT: I have included a rough sketch of what should be happening.

Attachments

Last edited:
i to am having this issue it is really putting me off building ships as no matter what i cant get them to sync

Eagle

Active endo
Hi everyone! It is a bit hard to determine where the problem might be.

This checklist came up to my mind:

- Check if the batteries are charged.
- Check that levers are connected to the network and (for example) FcuForward variable is updated on the Flight Unit when you move the lever.
- Check that thrusters are named according to the names on the MFC. The variable list for thrusters on the MFC must match the thruster name.
- Check that the MFC and the FCU are sync (names matching).

If the problem persist, you can visit our company Discord. We would be more than happy to assist you (obviously for free) and help you with that.

Have a nice day!

Hi everyone! It is a bit hard to determine where the problem might be.

This checklist came up to my mind:

- Check if the batteries are charged.
- Check that levers are connected to the network and (for example) FcuForward variable is updated on the Flight Unit when you move the lever.
- Check that thrusters are named according to the names on the MFC. The variable list for thrusters on the MFC must match the thruster name.
- Check that the MFC and the FCU are sync (names matching).

If the problem persist, you can visit our company Discord. We would be more than happy to assist you (obviously for free) and help you with that.

Have a nice day!
Does this mean that all thrusters MUST be installed before I can test cockpit functionality?

Eagle

Active endo
Does this mean that all thrusters MUST be installed before I can test cockpit functionality?
It depends on what you want to test.

If you only want to check that the cockpit is working, it would be enough to check that the FCU variables are updated when you move a lever. For example: Move the forward lever (FcuForward) to the middle and check that the value of the variable FcuForward is the same on the lever and the FCU (Flight Control Unit). If the value of the variable is the same, that means that your lever/control table is correctly connected to the FCU and it is updating the values.

When the signal is sent to the FCU to go ahead, the FCU instructs to the MFC that you want to go ahead, and the MFC determines which thrusters should be enabled to go ahead.

If you want to test that the MFC is correctly working, you need to make sure that the names of the thrusters are the same in the MFC. If all is correctly set and your thrusters connected (propellant and data), your ship will move forward without any deviation.

Summarising, if you only want to test the cockpit and face the thruster configuration later, you only need to check that the values on the FCU variables are updated when you move the levers. I would recommend you to set the CenteringSpeed of the lever to 0 to do that testing (if you don't do that, the lever will return to 0).

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have additional questions!