Fix Wish-list

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
As Starbase playerbase starts to grow, the existing bugs start to become more frustrating, particularly when trying to work/play together.

Here's my current fix wish-list:
- Fix for chat bug (chat randomly becomes unaccessable after using U-tool) [edit: fixed December 20]
- Fix for other players being thrown off ship when ship moves between zones
- Hosting problems - fix for not hosting own ship when flying it [edit: fixed December 20]
- Fix for nodules created by station edits
- Fix for lot parts not being buildable when placed on top of previously existing parts

And some quality of life features:
- Support for Company members to be able to work together on building projects!
- The ability to upgrade a ship to the latest BP for that ship
- Option to turn off the space-dust: it's annoying in the ring! (It can look like distance asteroids approaching)

Last edited:

LauriFB

Administrator
Frozenbyte
I agree, these are high on our list as well. Quick run down:
  • Chat bug is now high priority at our end
  • Others being thrown off is a combination of difficult things. While we don't have imminent direct solution, there's coming host, keep loaded and performance options shortly which may also improve this a lot
  • Hosting own ship is coming very shortly
  • Station building stuff is being improved every week. Make sure you have reported all of them so they are on our lists as well.
  • Multiplayer station building is under work - no eta yet though
  • BP upgrade - would this be to include in-game modifications, or blueprint made by someone else?
  • Space dust option sounds easy enough to do - just make sure to F1 this too! :)

Mutleyx

Veteran endo
Hi Lauri,

Thanks for the quick response and details. Sounds like some of them will be fixed "soon"! ;)

Yes, I can imagine "the thrown off ship" one is nasty. Fingers crossed you can find a solution as it's fairly key for group play. And yes, I always F1 all I find. I expect whoever you have triaging these reports is sick of me by now! :D

For some clarity on the ship BP upgrade feature request, I'm seeing two use cases:
1) Imagine I have designed a ship in the SSC and finally bought it. I take it out and use it in anger for a while (it's a miner) and I find some things that could be improved, but they need some substantial changes to ship design. I can do this in-world at a pinch, but ideally if I am planning to sell this ship in a ship-shop, I want the BP updated, so I do that in the SSC. Now to test the new version of the ship I need to buy it again (which since the ore changes, that are cool btw, it's not so easy as to just throw money at it). Ideally, I would be able to upgrade the current (now outdated) version of the ship to the changed BP, somehow...

2) Let's say I already designed the above ship, listed it in the ship shop, and others have bought it. Since then an annoying problem has been found with the ship (or a patch has affected it badly) and it needs a new submission to fix. I'm sure those that have bought original version of this ship would like to be able to upgrade it to the latest version available in the ship shop, without having to sell the old and buy the new.

Thanks for reading. I hope this at least gives you guys something to consider.

Last edited: