Frozenbyte Discord Moderation regarding Ban decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that Frozenbyte has to moderate discord and it is important that we as a community treat each other with respect and compassion on every channel.

What I dont understand is the harshness of some decisions regarding community bans. I could understand if this is apllied throughly for the game itself but a some point apologizing for a minor dismeneamor and retting rejected twice on a medium, which bans are easily circumvented by making another account. My whole presence in the forum was sometimes not ok, I admit that. But nevertheless was I an active part of the SB community:

I suggested to channels the channel order which was implemented by the modertors and it took effect
I informed people about p2p client server hybrids and talked frequently with devs about it
I tried to give some contructive input regarding game design

With this in mind, your decisions for letting me apart from discord is not understandable especially with the fact that this is not the game in itself and can be circumvented easily. That I did not do that shows my respect for your decisions but makes them not immune for criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Are you looking for sympathy from the community on a ban?

Sure this isn't the game itself but does that mean their community guidelines that would be in place for the game have to be different for discord?
I'm sure we haven't been shown the whole story for your experience, seeing as the support staff state you were muted 6 times prior to the ban. I have to wonder if you should consider your behavior an issue and not how they moderate their discord?

With this in mind, your decisions for letting me apart from discord is not understandable especially with the fact that this is not the game in itself and can be circumvented easily.
Seems a lot like you're saying you'll be a problem regardless of what punishment you receive. Which means a more severe punishment is needed.
It's like you're trying to say "Why punish me when I can just do it again?"

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
I checked your message history and you seem to be a disruption at times. You also seem to enjoy airing that you keep getting banned from many other discords and places... Kind of odd... You also like talking about cheating in games it seems...

Overall you seem to be pushing the limits and well now you hit them and honestly talking about your ban on their forums is not going to earn you any points.

AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
I'm locking this thread but leaving it visible so that others may still read it. Criticism of moderation and community management is healthy for any community, but please refrain from posting screenshots of e-mails where your name, e-mail address or other private/personal information is visible. I've deleted the images from this post for that reason.

If anyone has any concerns over our moderation practices, guidelines or moderator actions, please contact a Community Manager either via sending a private message here on the forums (or on the Starbase Discord if your concern is about Discord moderation), or via e-mail to community@frozenbyte.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.