fuel

So far, if i get it correctly, we need propellant for the thrusters and fuel rods for the generators. ( and coolant but i think it does not get used up? )
My question is - how can those be obtained? Can i theoretically refine something into fuel rods and or propellant? Or do i have to buy them from the stations?
Mainly asking because of the possibility to venture out into space and the need to refuel your ship - someday.
Which means that you would have to make sure to find certain resources.

Also how are the stations powered? How would your own stations be powered?

Last edited:

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
As of current CA build, fuel rods and propellant tanks can only be refilled by removing the last one and putting in a new one that was bought off a station. This will change in the future, you will eventually be able to refine materials into both types of fuel.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I think I read from someone with a key that ice makes propellant, and you have to purchase fuel

Quinc

Well-known endo
Ice is used to make propellant. Exorium is used to make generator fuel rods. You can mine them like any other material, though being early alpha you can't refine them unfortunately. Stations can be powered by solar panels.