Full game freeze after possible triangle thruster snap issue.

As title says I am now having a complete game freeze issue, music still plays but the whole game is locked up and I have to end process from the task manager.

Background: I was assembling thrusters out past the origin 5 station Despawn zone. I had attached two box thrusters and two triangle thrusters on one side with no issue to hard points. On the other side I had to unbolt my other two triangle thrusters to get them on the hard point. Once I grabbed an assembled triangle thruster it would not snap to the structure so I hit the C key several times. The thruster looked to snap then the whole game froze.

Now every time I spawn in as soon as my ship renders I have a game freeze. I was able to temporarily fix it by respawning back at the station but then I spawned it from a terminal thinking the unbolted thrusters wouldn't get 'towed' with the ship. I'm still unsure if that was the case because as soon as I spawned it back in I had full freezes again. Luckily the game actually crashed this time so I submitted the logs earlier today but now every time I log in I freeze after a few seconds.

Has anyone had this issue? I've done the common fixes like moving the program to high priority and disabling the steam overlay in game.