Game generation bugs of infinite galaxies (and worlds)

An infinite generating galaxy is possible to have generation bugs that are either game breaking or broken in its entirety causing performance problems,
we had already seen what happened to minecraft beta with the far lands and I do think world generation bugs are possible in starbase, given its alpha state, have you seen some world generation bugs in starbase before and if so what did it look like?

CalenLoki

Master endo
While game world is technically unlimited, asteroids are only generated within few thousands kilometres around Eos.

I've seen pictures of strangely regular asteroid patterns. But that was rather close to origin.
1599759578363.png

Really only the asteroid belt and moons are generated by the game, so there’s not much room for things to go wrong besides, like above, some odd asteroid arrangement.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
Really only the asteroid belt and moons are generated by the game, so there’s not much room for things to go wrong besides, like above, some odd asteroid arrangement.
And to add to that, the devs can tweak generated bugs if there are any. The belt aint that big when you have cam speed x100,000 :p

MoneylooJr

Well-known endo
Not sure what the general consensus is, but personally I actually like little world gen quirks like this so long as they don't really break anything. If it makes something inaccessible, sure, it's bad and should be removed. But if it's just an area where asteroids generate in a set pattern, or a spot where everything generated way denser than it should have, I think it should stay. Little anomalies make exploration more fun, and the universe feel more varied.

CalenLoki

Master endo
We've just got new belt generation system. Thus all we said here about current state of the game became outdated.

Not sure what the general consensus is, but personally I actually like little world gen quirks like this so long as they don't really break anything. If it makes something inaccessible, sure, it's bad and should be removed. But if it's just an area where asteroids generate in a set pattern, or a spot where everything generated way denser than it should have, I think it should stay. Little anomalies make exploration more fun, and the universe feel more varied.
I agree, it’s natural phenomena!