Game reset?

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I heard a rumor they want to avoid it but I think that's a huge mistake. The game is going to change dramatically in the next year or 2 I hope they reset when they finally hit 1.0. Hell I hope they reset when they hit some big milestone (such as factions, player run auction houses, and all moons are accessible) imagine being a new player and having to grind all that research with players already around with massive capital ships.

Si il y a une réinitialisation j'arrête de jouer tout de suite inutile de perdre des centaines d'heures pour rien, et la safe zone est faite pour que les nouveaux joueurs évoluent sereinement

I agree 100%.

Even since launch day, unintended game features where used and 1000km ore spawned within the 100km field.
Lets also not forget that the mining towers had 2.5 times higher sell prices for ores in the start as well.

As long as they let people keep their BP's, a wipe would not be an issue.

There will always be people that are against it and fore it, but to many critical things has already happen to drive the economy the wrong way.
It was inflated in the first week and then deflated now, yet people are sitting on 50++ Mil from a few hours tinkering around.

The devs are doing an excellent job and I have already clocked in more than 300 hours since EA and will keep pushing even if they do see the benefit of actually wiping the servers for full release. (imo they should do it now, to counter the bugs that happened the first week)

William Wolfen

Learned-to-sprint endo
I'd be more than a little pissed to lose all the research I've done. Getting it done has consumed the majority of my in game time. Maybe I'd find it somewhat less off-putting if it didn't take so damn long to craft the huge bulk of items needed for that research.

Johnwarosa

Active endo
I heard a rumor they want to avoid it but I think that's a huge mistake. The game is going to change dramatically in the next year or 2 I hope they reset when they finally hit 1.0. Hell I hope they reset when they hit some big milestone (such as factions, player run auction houses, and all moons are accessible) imagine being a new player and having to grind all that research with players already around with massive capital ships.
Agreed, I would prefer a reset on the full release for the sake of newbies. Full release will bring a lot of new players to the game, potentially tens of thousands, so levelling the playing field will be needed.

Early Access will start in a fresh universe.

Alpha player blueprints are kept, and possibly transferred to EA universe. This may either happen, not happen or happen with a delay.

We will avoid wipes after EA and do instead precise moderation actions, or if they fail, rollbacks.
It is not a rumor. No wipes or resets anymore.

blazemonger

Veteran endo
"We will avoid wipes" is not "We will not wipe" .. Those of us coming from DU know the eternal discussion around this but this comes down to the same thing.

That said and seeing the early state the game is still in, I can see a wipe down the line for sure, most likely at Beta. So much will change and not everything will be adjustable without a wipe. At least FB is clear about rolbacks and moderating actions if needed.

I do not see a reason to wipe for newbies in SB though, in game progression is mostly irrelevant to what a character can do and in a case such as this, newbies coming into an existing universe will actually give them much more opportunities that coming into an empty one.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
"We will avoid wipes" is not "We will not wipe" .. Those of us coming from DU know the eternal discussion around this but this comes down to the same thing.

That said and seeing the early state the game is still in, I can see a wipe down the line for sure, most likely at Beta. So much will change and not everything will be adjustable without a wipe. At least FB is clear about rolbacks and moderating actions if needed.

I do not see a reason to wipe for newbies in SB though, in game progression is mostly irrelevant to what a character can do and in a case such as this, newbies coming into an existing universe will actually give them much more opportunities that coming into an empty one.
I can see the logic in that but I think it depends on exactly what features get implemented. Say they drastically change how stations work I would expect them to reset so that all the old stations get wiped. But in general I agree I see no specific reason at the moment for a wipe. Selfishly I don't want to lose my money, ships, and especially research but I would give it up for a fair game on release.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
Thankfully FB is with a no wipe stance and will only do such if drastically needed which is the only thing that makes sense. Even then I think they mentioned going with partial wipes if a certain thing disrupts the game too much versus a full own reset/wipe.