Generator power and Ship consumption

On the wiki it states that
  • a tier 1 generator generates 1000 electricity units per second.
  • a tier 1 box thruster takes 210 e/s (electricity units per second)
I have added 10 thrusters yet my ship is still going.
What am I missing here?

Last edited:

Foraven

Veteran endo
In my tests, a generator can run 8 tier one box thrusters just fine. 10 probably work as well.

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
On the wiki it states that
  • a tier 1 generator generates 1000 electricity units per second.
  • a tier 1 box thruster takes 210 e/s (electricity units per second)
I have added 10 thrusters yet my ship is still going.
What am I missing here?
A "standard" generator such as the one in easy build modules or the labourer comes with 1 fuel chamber (where the fuel rod goes) and 3 generate units (the part that converts fuel into power). Each generator unit produces 1k power per second so you are likely producing 3k power per second.

Ahh thnx for the explanation. I figured as much once I started playing around in free build mode.

Now I built a fuel chamber with 3 generators then copied that so I have 2 fuel chambers and 6 generators but my generatorunitrate is acting weird. I get 2 different values for generatorunitrate and for some reason the 1 is randomly hitting between 80 and 90. the fuel chambers are touching but the generator groups are not. (check image.) is it because my generators are not directly linked or will this not cause issues.
The second image I added is where my generatorunitrate stopped increasing. the generators are still running its making a humming sound but the value just stopped at these random numbers 51 and 65

Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

Salbris

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Ahh thnx for the explanation. I figured as much once I started playing around in free build mode.

Now I built a fuel chamber with 3 generators then copied that so I have 2 fuel chambers and 6 generators but my generatorunitrate is acting weird. I get 2 different values for generatorunitrate and for some reason the 1 is randomly hitting between 80 and 90. the fuel chambers are touching but the generator groups are not. (check image.) is it because my generators are not directly linked or will this not cause issues.
The second image I added is where my generatorunitrate stopped increasing. the generators are still running its making a humming sound but the value just stopped at these random numbers 51 and 65

Any help would be much appreciated

Could be a heating issue. Looks like your ship generates about 990 heat which with 2 coolant racks will mean you need around 4 radiators to dissipate the remaining heat. More details about heat are here: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Generator_(Assembly)#Heat_and_cooling