Generators

Mur

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
1) Currently generators that have nearby neighbor produce more heat and yet doesn't produce more energy in a way this is a bit counter intuitive for players. I suggest to scale power generation compared to how much heat your produce, even if it is in a diminishing scale. This would mean that instead of trying to separate all your generators you can keep them together and reward larger ship designs. This will cause less confusion to new players and allow for more interesting builds.

Example: o = Fuel, G = Generator unit
-Right now, one fuel rod supports 3 generator units so the best reactor is a O-G-G-G and produces 105 heat (25-55-25) and outputs 3000 energy
-Stacking two of these together produces produces 410 heat (55-95-55 / 55-95-55) and 6000 energy which is like a 4x more heat and only 2x more energy
-Stacking three produces 745 heat (55-95-55/95-145-95/55-95-55) with 9000 energy. 7.5x more heat and 3x more energy
-Radiators give 90 heat dissipation per section. so 1 stack will need 2, 2 stack will need 5 and 3 stack will need 9

2) Generators should have a way to attach network ducts to them so it is easier to bolt together rows of generators. Currently if you put ducts on a socket board it doesn't let you auto bolt.

4iBKooD2Hb.png

3) Fuel rods when attempting to place them into the world from your inventory are ALWAYS backwards (the back faces your head) this means that every time I want to fill my reactor I need to flip the rod before I can place it in. If this rod was the other way then replacing rods would be so much easier.

zLlSglGHEY.png

Womble

Veteran endo
I think the purpose of the heat inefficiency is precisely to militate against just having one chonking huge reactor, and to reward varied designs.

Mur

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
I think the purpose of the heat inefficiency is precisely to militate against just having one chonking huge reactor, and to reward varied designs.
but this does the exact opposite, it forces you to design the generator as a 0-g-g-g because any other design is inefficient.

Womble

Veteran endo
but this does the exact opposite, it forces you to design the generator as a 0-g-g-g because any other design is inefficient.
Beyond one reactor, though, you have to place them with thought, rather than just build one massive block of GGGGGGG.