GIVE US A REASON FOR THE BIG BAN FROZENBYTE!

have you been banned in game?

• yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • no

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

quantin

Well-known endo
Why there is not any reason or warning in this ban wave?And why we are been banned?Since what players create and sold for money, it shows that the official acquiesces to the wisdom fruit of players, and FB, that if you want to teach players how to play the game,you must be fault!

Yesterday my 500 hours account was banned for no reason...I don't even know what happened, okay..I just went to 1000km a few days ago to dig up precious minerals, which cost me a whole day.But now they're all gone for no reason..good job FB

blazemonger

Veteran endo
Instead of posting here, how about you petition FB as you should. Posting here will achieve nothing. You can say you did nothing wrong as loud as you can here, FB woudl not be able to comment in public either way and protesting a ban in public is in fact a breach of TOS in itself so if had not, now you have.

Send them a DM.. or an email..

Mci

Active endo
You should be able to DM a community Manager, such as Dusty, to figure out exactly why you were banned. As transparent as I know FB tries to be, I'm relatively confident that they will gladly tell you what happened. If you want to fight it, there is a pretty high chance they will double-check their work to make sure they did not ban someone innocent. Don't be afraid to reach out to the Devs.

Why there is not any reason or warning in this ban wave?And why we are been banned?Since what players create and sold for money, it shows that the official acquiesces to the wisdom fruit of players, and FB, that if you want to teach players how to play the game,you must be fault!
Why would any developer give you a "warning" about a ban? If you cheated, exploited, or otherwise broke rules the ban is warranted.

Your "warning" is the Terms of Service!

As for the silly poll... nope, I have not been banned because I do not cheat, and if I discover an exploit I report it, instead of taking advantage of it.

If you truly have been banned for "no reason" then you will get your account back. FB has repeatedly shown they are top-tier in both the development and management of their game. They are very serious about doing what is right for the long-term success of Starbase. If they made a mistake in a ban, they will surely fix it. If the ban was warranted, then that's on you (and crying in the forum will accomplish you nothing).

The problem is that they have not been given a reason why they were banned. One of my friend were banned without reason, what did he do wrong? Was it griefing? was it exploit? what exploit? Banning an account is the harshest action and should always be well justified.

If a reason was given, at least we could say "well you shouldn't have done that, the dev said it was bad blah blah". Instead, no reason was given for the ban, it was unjustified and we all can only scratches our head on what could have possibly gotten him banned.

Besides, there are multiple severity of punishment, punitive actions such as warnings, suspension for days or month is usually sufficient to send a message and deter exploiters or griefers without getting to ban. Corrective action such as removing illegitimate money earned from griefing and exploits can also be used.

If banning is death sentence, and making money from exploit or griefing is robbery/thieving. Would you dish out death sentence on first offense of robbery/thieving? Rather does it make more sense to issue punishment based on severity of crimes?

Last edited:
However... banning exploiters and cheaters will greatly please all players!

Oh, wait... I need huge and colored font to make my post seem more important...

However... Banning exploiters and cheaters will greatly please all legitimate players!

:cool:(y)
Please tell us what bugs have been exploited that have caused a loss of regular players.Some of them aren't even online rencently.Officials should post an announcement if they see a vulnerability being exploited.We're just doing normal things in the game.Why don't you think it's an FB's problem.
The player is not at fault, the game company should not blame the player, it will cause panic.bugs should be found and fixed in time, rather than blaming the player later, no one can guarantee that they are doing the right thing,There was no official notification.You're in the middle of a crisis and you don't even know it.Some of my friends haven't been online in the last few weeks.They, too, have been banned.This shows how late the FB are in dealing with the matter.FB ban accounts without notice or reason.This is not a fair way to deal with it.We submit feedback every day, The game is in the early access .Many unreasonable things have been found.FB should focus on improving the game rather than blaming players for the mass loss of confidence.As far as I know none of my friends cheat.As you can see, the online population of the game has been declining, we need more power to change the game, and right now, FB is destroying it, and banning players is not convincing!!!This epic game didn't deserve this kind of drama!

The problem is that they have not been given a reason why they were banned. One of my friend were banned without reason, what did he do wrong? Was it griefing? was it exploit? what exploit? Banning an account is the harshest action and should always be well justified.

If a reason was given, at least we could say "well you shouldn't have done that, the dev said it was bad blah blah". Instead, no reason was given for the ban, it was unjustified and we all can only scratches our head on what could have possibly gotten him banned.

Besides, there are multiple severity of punishment, punitive actions such as warnings, suspension for days or month is usually sufficient to send a message and deter exploiters or griefers without getting to ban. Corrective action such as removing illegitimate money earned from griefing and exploits can also be used.

If banning is death sentence, and making money from exploit or griefing is robbery/thieving. Would you dish out death sentence on first offense of robbery/thieving? Rather does it make more sense to issue punishment based on severity of crimes?
It would be unreasonable to use bans in the early accesee,As long as there is no third party assist and cheating,FB can restore order in other ways,A ban for no reason, it is unreasonable, people will lose.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Frozenbyte released a message in the recent update explaining how bans were issued due to an auction house exploit. I don’t know much about it, but that was the reason they gave for the last wave of bans.. I don’t know enough about it outside of what I read on that patch update.

Frozenbyte released a message in the recent update explaining how bans were issued due to an auction house exploit. I don’t know much about it, but that was the reason they gave for the last wave of bans.. I don’t know enough about it outside of what I read on that patch update.
My friend has not been online or using auction houses recently.We all use the auction house normally and nothing else.Auction houses are a market and anything can happen, but I'm not wrong.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Hey folks! We have an update on upcoming features and some recent discussion topics and events.

**Capital Ships & Moon Mining - Major Feature Patch Delayed**

As August comes soon to an end, we still don't have Capital Ships or Moon Bases & Mining on the live server. These were big features scheduled for this month, but unfortunately they won't quite make it. Moon Bases and Mining are in testing on an early level on the PTU right now and Capital Ships are likely coming to PTU soon as well.

However, they are not ready to be moved to the stable live game yet - we don't want to introduce a ton of bugs by rushing them in, just to hit a milestone.
Once they do hit the live server, you'll be the first to hear about it!

We'll post an updated roadmap next week to give a better overview of where we are in terms of development progress.

**Exploits and Bugs**

We have discovered the issue behind the recent auction house exploit. Actions, including bans, have already been taken. We will further inspect the wealth gained and consider reverting trades for those who clearly got way too much out of this

All players are advised not to try to hide their surprise wealth as that could look suspicious to us; however our current understanding is that no-one who got rich was actually teaming with the cheaters but it was just a coincidence.

There are also other exploits we have been made aware of that we continue to investigate. It is advisable to not exploit any bugs you discover. Please report them instead so we can all enjoy a cheat-free game.

**State of PVP**

We are hearing your thoughts on PVP - natural hotspots and reasons to fight have been scarce and we'd like there to be more. Next week's patch will include a new station in a lucrative spot for mining, with a Ship Designer, Refuel towers, Auction House with a low tax %, Ship shops, and terminals for selling items. It will have a very short-range (5km) safezone and limited range insurance transfer, hopefully creating action for miners, pirates, salvagers and traders alike.

Balancing Ship Design time, mining and PVP can be difficult from the safety of the Origin stations, as the travel times can be substantial. This new station will provide an opportunity to do a bit of all these with only a few minutes of flight needed. If you're not afraid of taking risks, this is the place to go!

Self-sustainability for player-owned stations, namely the possibility for ship design and proper ship storage is also being working on.

J.D.

Veteran endo
My friend has not been online or using auction houses recently.We all use the auction house normally and nothing else.Auction houses are a market and anything can happen, but I'm not wrong.
I don’t know why you guys got banned. No way for me to know, but you guys need to message the Frozenbyte community manager by email to figure these details out. That is the only option you have to figuring this stuff out. They are the ones who handle this. Has to be by email.

It would be unreasonable to use bans in the early accesee,As long as there is no third party assist and cheating,FB can restore order in other ways,A ban for no reason, it is unreasonable, people will lose.
I disagree completely!

Closed Beta, Early Access, or Full Release, it does not matter... cheating is cheating, exploiting is exploiting, and breaking the TOS is still breaking the TOS!

Additionally, if FB allowed certain behaviour in EA and then declared the same behaviour is "now bannable" in full release, it would be much more confusing to players, resulting in unnecessary bans. Also, people who get banned at release for exploits and cheats they did during EA would run to forums and cry "BUT IT WAS OK IN EARLY ACCESS!!!!" :poop:

Nope, It is better that FB is set on their policy and that they take action for the best interest of the game and its (legitimate) players!

FrozenByte can use ban in Early access, it is certainly within their power. But as broken as the game currently is, it would make so much more sense to issue temporarily suspension.

Hey folks! We have an update on upcoming features and some recent discussion topics and events.

**Capital Ships & Moon Mining - Major Feature Patch Delayed**

As August comes soon to an end, we still don't have Capital Ships or Moon Bases & Mining on the live server. These were big features scheduled for this month, but unfortunately they won't quite make it. Moon Bases and Mining are in testing on an early level on the PTU right now and Capital Ships are likely coming to PTU soon as well.

However, they are not ready to be moved to the stable live game yet - we don't want to introduce a ton of bugs by rushing them in, just to hit a milestone.
Once they do hit the live server, you'll be the first to hear about it!

We'll post an updated roadmap next week to give a better overview of where we are in terms of development progress.

**Exploits and Bugs**

We have discovered the issue behind the recent auction house exploit. Actions, including bans, have already been taken. We will further inspect the wealth gained and consider reverting trades for those who clearly got way too much out of this

All players are advised not to try to hide their surprise wealth as that could look suspicious to us; however our current understanding is that no-one who got rich was actually teaming with the cheaters but it was just a coincidence.

There are also other exploits we have been made aware of that we continue to investigate. It is advisable to not exploit any bugs you discover. Please report them instead so we can all enjoy a cheat-free game.

**State of PVP**

We are hearing your thoughts on PVP - natural hotspots and reasons to fight have been scarce and we'd like there to be more. Next week's patch will include a new station in a lucrative spot for mining, with a Ship Designer, Refuel towers, Auction House with a low tax %, Ship shops, and terminals for selling items. It will have a very short-range (5km) safezone and limited range insurance transfer, hopefully creating action for miners, pirates, salvagers and traders alike.

Balancing Ship Design time, mining and PVP can be difficult from the safety of the Origin stations, as the travel times can be substantial. This new station will provide an opportunity to do a bit of all these with only a few minutes of flight needed. If you're not afraid of taking risks, this is the place to go!

Self-sustainability for player-owned stations, namely the possibility for ship design and proper ship storage is also being working on.
how we can hide our surprise wealth? my friend only has 40k credits...i have 10000K but is my lawful gain .i goto 1000KM get 300 kut and 100 Cor

Mci

Active endo
You can attempt to "hide" it by turning it into things sitting in your station inventory, or trying to put it into the company bank, or sending it to someone else.... Like we said, contact the community manager and they will be able to help you out.

That being said, banning during early access is something they have to do. There will be no wipes, there will be no rollbacks if at all possible. If an exploit was found and not reported, they will ban you for it. There is also no knowledge on if it is a perma ban or simply one in place until the game is out of EA- you cannot tell as we have not been told. Contact Dusty and it should be squared away, or you should get your evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.