GIVE US A REASON FOR THE BIG BAN FROZENBYTE!

have you been banned in game?

• yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • no

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
However... banning exploiters and cheaters will greatly please all players!

Oh, wait... I need huge and colored font to make my post seem more important...

However... Banning exploiters and cheaters will greatly please all legitimate players!

:cool:(y)
Alright, then tell me the reason why im been banned, what i did wrong, we all agree that banning exploiters and cheaters is needed but if they ban me and i didn't remember i did anything wrong, and there's not even an explanation that what i did wrong, then that is not reasonable at all.

Mci

Active endo
Alright, then tell me the reason why im been banned, what i did wrong, we all agree that banning exploiters and cheaters is needed but if they ban me and i didn't remember i did anything wrong, and there's not even an explanation that what i did wrong, then that is not reasonable at all.
As it has been previously stated, DM or Email the community manager. He is a very straightforward and transparent guy- he will likely tell you what's going down.

FrozenByte can use ban in Early access, it is certainly within their power. But as broken as the game currently is, it would make so much more sense to issue temporarily suspension.
so,The reason? Why didn't the FB give the relevant announcement, why so many people were banned, are they all wrong. Is the treatment of FB satisfactory and reassuring .It doesn't do any good, players leave, bad reviews appear,we should resist unreasonable exploitation of bugs, but what is your definition of a bug,There's no criteria, how do you know it's a Bug .For example ,Make bolt magazine .You can get a lot of red tech.Create cradle turrets You can also get lots of red tech points.Please tell us this is a bug.Please make an official announcement telling us not to make these things.Why else would you want us to be saints.Our actions are reasonable and lawful.The price of iron went up to 6000 credits ,make cradle turrets becomes unprofitable .The FB are not saying what it knows.just giving you a ban ?????????????????????????This went on for two weeks .
FB should not impose mistakes on players

Mci

Active endo
I can almost guarantee you, without a doubt, nothing about the research tree would be the reason you got banned. It is most likely to do with some sort of duplication or distribution of wealth that was duplicated and an assumption that you were involved. Again, if you do not talk to the community manager you will not get any sort of help.

As it has been previously stated, DM or Email the community manager. He is a very straightforward and transparent guy- he will likely tell you what's going down.
I tried but no reply i got so far. I'm guessing that they are facing way too many of them than they can handle now.

Mci

Active endo
I tried but no reply i got so far. I'm guessing that they are facing way too many of them than they can handle now.
Who did you end up contacting? This time of day, Dusty is usually not active. Or awake. Pretty sure he's out cold right now, actually.

Who did you end up contacting? This time of day, Dusty is usually not active. Or awake. Pretty sure he's out cold right now, actually.
Well i tried an email, also i DM dusty just now, hopefully i can get something back few hours later, btw who is usually active?

I can almost guarantee you, without a doubt, nothing about the research tree would be the reason you got banned. It is most likely to do with some sort of duplication or distribution of wealth that was duplicated and an assumption that you were involved. Again, if you do not talk to the community manager you will not get any sort of help.
We're not programmers. We can't change the code None of us have any irregularities in the AH.It would be shocking to ban me just for selling too many things on the market .
If we unconsciously enter the interest chain,we are innocent, we do not know anything, right

It is irresponsible to impose mistakes on players, maybe tomorrow we will shut down the game because of a little bug in the program, we just open it normally, but the official said that you opened the violation bug, also ignore you, directly give you a ban.This is the first time I've been banned in a long time.It was an amazing experience

Mci

Active endo
We're not programmers. We can't change the code None of us have any irregularities in the AH.It would be shocking to ban me just for selling too many things on the market .
If we unconsciously enter the interest chain,we are innocent, we do not know anything, right
Finding and using an exploit is not the same as using the code in a malicious way. If you refuse to talk to any of the developers as to what may have happened, then I am afraid nothing will happen regarding your bam

so,The reason? Why didn't the FB give the relevant announcement, why so many people were banned, are they all wrong. Is the treatment of FB satisfactory and reassuring .It doesn't do any good, players leave, bad reviews appear,we should resist unreasonable exploitation of bugs, but what is your definition of a bug,There's no criteria, how do you know it's a Bug .For example ,Make bolt magazine .You can get a lot of red tech.Create cradle turrets You can also get lots of red tech points.Please tell us this is a bug.Please make an official announcement telling us not to make these things.Why else would you want us to be saints.Our actions are reasonable and lawful.The price of iron went up to 6000 credits ,make cradle turrets becomes unprofitable .The FB are not saying what it knows.just giving you a ban ?????????????????????????This went on for two weeks .
FB should not impose mistakes on players
I think you misunderstood my message, I stated ban should be only given with reason. I also advocate the use of suspension to avoid these exact uproar, and ban only when there is repeated offense even after repeated suspension.

As far as I know, prior to patch 20.8.2021, you can buy bastium on auction house for 3000 each stack to craft turret turntable, which can be sold to marketplace for about 220% profit. I.e. cost 47 cred each to make, but can be sold for 151 on marketplace. (See attached calculation). The same can be done with turret cradle at 120% profit, turret cradle advanced at 15% profit. I am saying these because it has since been patched a day after I submitted a feedback ticket, you can no longer profit by doing this. The auction house pricing immediately crashed afterwards, Bastium went from 4000 to 1000, Vokarium 3000 to 1000, demand of ores approached zero and the economy became stagnant.

I believe Weiyuu is talking about this, however, as you can see the line blurs on what count as exploit. You can amass large amount of wealth by doing this, but is this exploit? I don't believe so, the amount of money you can make depend entirely on the market price of Bastium, it will not be profitable if bastium exceeded 10000 per stack, which is the case during the first week of EA. Plus there are no ores being magically duplicated, no magical money being duplicated, the player MUST stand in front of crafting bench and can do nothing but wait for the crafting to take place. (Imagine working at a factory, making valuable chocolate from less valuable raw materials)

If player is banned because of this action, then it will be VERY UNREASONABLE because that will be retroactive punitive action on a seemingly legitimate action allowed by the game.

1630603627595.png

Last edited:
Finding and using an exploit is not the same as using the code in a malicious way. If you refuse to talk to any of the developers as to what may have happened, then I am afraid nothing will happen regarding your bam
I don't even know what happened to AH.If I make a mistake, the authorities should also clear the balance from my account.But what did I do to be banned for mere suspicion...The lack of official information is hardly satisfactory.I can live with any reasonable sanction, except for my precious account being banned for no reason.I can't even press F1

Mci

Active endo
I don't even know what happened to AH.If I make a mistake, the authorities should also clear the balance from my account.But what did I do to be banned for mere suspicion...The lack of official information is hardly satisfactory.I can live with any reasonable sanction, except for my precious account being banned for no reason.I can't even press F1
Like I said, if you do not contact a developer via discord or e-mail, you will not receive any help. Reaching out in that way will, again, most likely get you your answers. The information is available should you search for it.

Like I said, if you do not contact a developer via discord or e-mail, you will not receive any help. Reaching out in that way will, again, most likely get you your answers. The information is available should you search for it.
I went to do it and still no result.Let me see if there's anything new tomorrow

Venombrew

Master endo
But as broken as the game currently is, it would make so much more sense to issue temporarily suspension.
games not broken its a work in progress, 1.0 has never came out so there is no official full release, just a work in progress. would you call a sketch of a painter broken because it hasn't been finished yet? or the rough draft broken because it hasn't been revised, edited, and ultimately FINISHED!

and cheaters ruin games a lot more than banning cheaters. no one wants to play a game full of cheaters, and if your not a cheater or an exploiter what do you care? it seems people with friends who been banned are the ones complaining, and you know what they say, you are who you associate with.

legit players feel no pity for the punishment of cheaters and exploiters. and if you are a mistake, dont worry they can look through the data and find out for you, from what i read, that has already been done and found out who was cheating. but if you did nothing wrong then reach out to their support, FB is a very hands on and customer friendly company. btw if you did exploit and are claiming you didn't know what you were doing was wrong, your full of crap cause online gamming has been a thing over the last 20 years, anyone with half a brain knows that using a bug to gain an advantage is cheating, and you should be ban regardless WHAT YOU THINK was considered harmless. you can't go by a cheaters rationale, because these are the same people that already got it in their head that cheating makes them a better player.

Last edited:
games not broken its a work in progress, 1.0 has never came out so there is no official full release, just a work in progress. would you call a sketch of a painter broken because it hasn't been finished yet? or the rough draft broken because it hasn't been revised, edited, and ultimately FINISHED!

and cheaters ruin games a lot more than banning cheaters. no one wants to play a game full of cheaters, and if your not a cheater or an exploiter what do you care? it seems people with friends who been banned are the ones complaining, and you know what they say, you are who you associate with.

legit players feel no pity for the punishment of cheaters and exploiters. and if you are a mistake, dont worry they can look through the data and find out for you, from what i read, that has already been done and found out who was cheating. but if you did nothing wrong then reach out to their support, FB is a very hands on and customer friendly company. btw if you did exploit and are claiming you didn't know what you were doing was wrong, your full of crap cause online gamming has been a thing over the last 20 years, anyone with half a brain knows that using a bug to gain an advantage is cheating, and you should be ban regardless WHAT YOU THINK was considered harmless. you can't go by a cheaters rationale, because these are the same people that already got it in their head that cheating makes them a better player.

Let me make a point with one of the exploit I personally reported to the dev, do you think buying Bastium from marketplace, craft turret for research points, and selling the thousands of crafted turret to marketplace count as fair play?

Personally I do, and I believe many players believed so because there were no indication this would be exploit otherwise. But there were a drastic drop in bastium price around early August as more players joined and mined bastium. Around 19th August that I noticed that my usual research grind made me more money than I spent, turns out it buying bastium at 4000 from auction house and craft them into turret makes you some money instead of losing money. I submitted a feedback to dev and it was ninja-patched on 20th August.

There were no ores or money being replicated magically, no game file manipulation, it was allowed by the game and it was the easiest way to grind technology without losing money, and the rate of return depended entirely on auction house. Everything made perfect sense, like a factory you make something more valuable with raw materials. I am not aware of other exploits so this exploit appears to be the only reason of ban I can imagine.

So if players are banned for this exploit, that'd be retroactive ban on something that appear to be fair play.

They should use ban with reason and evidence beyond reasonable doubt. If there is suspicion and not enough evidence, issue suspension and warnings.

Why do I care? I like playing this game as much as you do, and last thing I want is see it die because bans are dished out without reasons. I have 14 friends playing this game, only 1 out of 14 of them is banned and he isn't someone I know that would cheat. Now you have 8 players saying they will never play this game again even though they didn't cheat, and these 8 persons each may spread bad news about this game to more of their friends because one person was banned without reason. Like a ripple they'd kill off potential customer.

Last edited:

D_Ham

Endokid
Yes buying bastium and crafting Turrets for 200% returns was clearly abusing an exploit. They just had a post on it a few days ago warning people that exploiters would be banned. I feel zero sympathy for anyone banned for exploiting after specifically being warned on the MOTD and I believe the loggin note area that it would be so.

Yes buying bastium and crafting Turrets for 200% returns was clearly abusing an exploit. They just had a post on it a few days ago warning people that exploiters would be banned. I feel zero sympathy for anyone banned for exploiting after specifically being warned on the MOTD and I believe the loggin note area that it would be so.
Then we have a problem, because you just categorized free trade as exploit. Percentage of returns were dependent on prices on auction house. If bastium ores exceeded a certain threshold you will be making a loss instead. Going down this slippery slope, buying ice/ajatite/valkite off auction house and selling them on ore tower will also be considered as exploit by the same logic.

Extending that logic even further, if you buy ajatite and valkite from Market station, and sell it at Origin ore tower you make 400% returns. You may argue "flying take time", yes so does "crafting".

Bracaster

Active endo
Yes buying bastium and crafting Turrets for 200% returns was clearly abusing an exploit. They just had a post on it a few days ago warning people that exploiters would be banned.
Pertaining to this issue > https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/give-us-a-reason-for-the-big-ban-frozenbyte.2550/post-19260

For the record, i've not participated in this "exploit". I'm not banned. But i want to, for the sake of sanity, play devil's advocate for a bit here. If the noted above statement is true (i've been unable to find official references to these statements and likely will not if they were in the load screen notes) the FB devs would be currently issuing bans for behavior that sounds perfectly logical to me.
Considering the crafting unlock objectives we are faced with, one STRIVES to find a way to do this while avoiding the adverse effects this has on your account resources (as well as the massive overload of un-needed crafted items as a result). Using logic is finding the path of least resistance and efficiency. Auction houses are for exercising normal economic Buy LOW / Sell HIGH profit loss strategies and do not employ the use of ethical consideration in their function. If you can purchase low and then actually CONVERT those resources through use of skill and craft into items that are of higher value, that is the pure definition of regular market manipulation for profit. What else is the auction house for if not that precise thing?

Somebody please tell me this wasn't the case. I'm beginning to think that it really can't be true. Additionally if it is true, then i'll be very concerned over any transaction i make on the auction house as well as for the level of competency of those issuing and making rules.

Last edited:

Dustmuz

Active endo
For the record, i've not participated in this "exploit". I'm not banned. But i want to, for the sake of sanity, play devil's advocate for a bit here. If the noted above statement is true (i've been unable to find official references to these statements and likely will not if they were in the load screen notes) the FB devs would be currently issuing bans for behavior that sounds perfectly logical to me.
Considering the crafting unlock objectives we are faced with, one STRIVES to find a way to do this while avoiding the adverse effects this has on your account resources (as well as the massive overload of un-needed crafted items as a result). Using logic is finding the path of least resistance and efficiency. Auction houses are for exercising normal economic Buy LOW / Sell HIGH profit loss strategies and do not employ the use of ethical consideration in their deployment. If you can purchase low and then actually CONVERT those resources through use of skill and craft into items that are of higher value, that is the pure definition of regular market manipulation for profit. What else is the auction house for if not that precise thing?

Somebody please tell me this wasn't the case. I'm beginning to think that it really can't be true. Additionally if it is true. Then i'll be very concerned over any transaction i make on the auction house as well as for the level of competency of those issuing and making rules.
If what FreshestOrangeInTown then FB have a serious issue. as everyone using the AH is potentially using an exploit - myself included - as i buy ice and make proppelant for others at a price higher than the cost of buying the ice.

if we dont have a "free market" like the AH is.. then theres absolutely no point at all, in having it.

Status
Not open for further replies.