GIVE US A REASON FOR THE BIG BAN FROZENBYTE!

have you been banned in game?

• yes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • no

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bracaster

Active endo
if we dont have a "free market" like the AH is.. then theres absolutely no point at all, in having it.
I'll go further to say that, i likely won't continue to play a game based upon concern for those that are making ban directives like this. Sadly it may be better to find this out earlier than later. I've already invested hundreds of hours. I might not want to waste anymore of them.
Please DEVS could you clarify upon this issue. Its pretty important.

I'll go further to say that, i likely won't continue to play a game based upon concern for those that are making ban directives like this. Sadly it may be better to find this out earlier than later. I've already invested hundreds of hours. I might not want to waste anymore of them.
Please DEVS could you clarify upon this issue. Its pretty important.
I feel that it is very important that bans should be delivered with reasons and solid evidence. On most games I played bans are handed out as last resort because they are bad for business. Same reason school have explicit warning "DONT BE LATE" but they don't expel student because they're late for one day. I hope devs will attend to this post and clear up why these people are banned.

Right now there seems to be massive bans without any reason or evidence and that seems very bad... Just the other day a player Fatow are banned without reason, and then it was revealed that's because he submitted too many support tickets. I too will steer away because this is very worrying, for now the bans make me feel like I am living under a communist regime with execution vans driven up to people for the slightest offense.

Venombrew

Master endo
i got an easy fix,

EDIT: BTW, u know what really hurts a company? its not the 2 dozen people who got caught cheating and their friends who don't play in protest to their friends getting busted, but rather a gaming company with the reputation of looking the other way.

Bracaster

Active endo
i got an easy fix,

EDIT: BTW, u know what really hurts a company? its not the 2 dozen people who got caught cheating and their friends who don't play in protest to their friends getting busted, but rather a gaming company with the reputation of looking the other way.
My concerns are for this particular issue. If bans are legitimately being issued based on this behaviour > https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/give-us-a-reason-for-the-big-ban-frozenbyte.2550/post-19260 . If the "LAW" defies all logic and reason. Then i go where the law is no longer being applied. I'm guessing others will too. Once again. we NEED clarification on this. i've literally logged out and stopped playing. May not be back. oh well

PS - i play solo, never exploited and am not banned. I haven't made any friends in this game yet. just want to see this game succeed. it might not. But for now, until i have better information. I'm out.

Last edited:
i got an easy fix,

"ban with reason and evidence beyond reasonable doubt"

What part of ban with reason and evidence do you not understand? You've clearly misconstrued my words, I did not say NEVER BAN, I said it is FrozenByte's right to ban, but I have iterated many times BAN WITH REASON AND EVIDENCE.

FrozenByte can use ban in Early access, it is certainly within their power.

You like touting about "Law" so much, did you know every court of law in this world always let the convicts know why they're being sent to gallow/jail?

Same reason, when they ban people, it should be made absolutely clear why they're being banned and what terms of service they've violated.

Pertaining to this issue > https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/give-us-a-reason-for-the-big-ban-frozenbyte.2550/post-19260

Somebody please tell me this wasn't the case. I'm beginning to think that it really can't be true. Additionally if it is true, then i'll be very concerned over any transaction i make on the auction house as well as for the level of competency of those issuing and making rules.
I talked to people that had made money crafting turret rings when they were worth more and they haven't been banned. I really doubt that it's that example that's the issue. I buy ore and craft stuff for profit literally every day because that's just common sense. I think the turret ring thing was just an oversight that the devs hotfixed.

D_Ham

Endokid
"Then we have a problem, because you just categorized free trade as exploit." It is not free trade as it was a erroneous buy value from a npc vendor. They warned you guys the hammer was coming down on it and you all did it anyway 0 sympathy. Maybe after they reset your accounts you wont exploit next go around.

Bracaster

Active endo
it was a erroneous buy value from a npc vendor. They warned you guys the hammer was coming down on it
***Note:Once again, i'm not banned or worried about anyone specific who was. Please don't consider everyone questioning this situation as an exploiter. I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT. And i'm just as concerned.

If that was the case @D_Ham then i could abide by that. My understanding is that there is a case for many who are claiming (on twitch and other platforms) to have not seen or understood the warnings (were they non-specific and cryptic in the launch news? - i vaguely remember seeing them). While dealing with a condition that was created without their influence and then simply doing what the game mechanics and market support.

When bans are being levied some leniency should be expected if the fore knowledge was not thoroughly provided or if the developers themselves solely contributed to the conditions of the "exploit", especially when the mechanics promote the specific behavior emulated in these cases to be considered normal in all other circumstances going forward??? (FALLOUT76)

What other profitable situations should I be worried about? I didn't do the math but i sure bought a lot of char and crafted box thrusters for over an hour and sold them yesterday. I didn't bother checking the price of the ore to see if i was making gravy. Hope i didn't miss a message somewhere? And if i did would that be wrong and to what degree?? I think there could be other math in the works that doesn't make sense. Its all quite arbitrary and when those that arbitrate make judgement, they need to do so on the side of fairness.

My concern is that i will invest my time and energy playing and promoting this game to see this type of management extrapolated out some time in the future and then suffer a much greater loss. That said ( without some sort of statement from FB here on this issue), i will now try to digress from here and this game.

Last edited:

SGG

Endokid
However... banning exploiters and cheaters will greatly please all players!

Oh, wait... I need huge and colored font to make my post seem more important...

However... Banning exploiters and cheaters will greatly please all legitimate players!

:cool:(y)

Of course, your assumption is that all Ban are reasonable. But we have not received any explanation from SB on the reason for the ban (although we have sent emails many times). My friends are gamers who have played four or five hundred hours and love this game. I don’t want them to leave because of unreasonable bans..... This is really disappointing.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
Why would any developer give you a "warning" about a ban? If you cheated, exploited, or otherwise broke rules the ban is warranted.

Your "warning" is the Terms of Service!

As for the silly poll... nope, I have not been banned because I do not cheat, and if I discover an exploit I report it, instead of taking advantage of it.

If you truly have been banned for "no reason" then you will get your account back. FB has repeatedly shown they are top-tier in both the development and management of their game. They are very serious about doing what is right for the long-term success of Starbase. If they made a mistake in a ban, they will surely fix it. If the ban was warranted, then that's on you (and crying in the forum will accomplish you nothing).
IKR..."I want a warning to the CLEAR warnings already laid out in the ToS" which are typical warnings from across gaming period. Conduct that can can get you banned is not some government level secret. Most Gamers that have been around the block a little know full well what kind of actions/activity if caught will lead to a ban. Cheaters/Exploiters love to play victim, love to play ignorance as innocence, and/or try to paint Devs in a bad light by screaming/yelling all over social media.

Fairly sure there's a way to PRIVATELY contact FB over any supposed erroneous bans. Only reason to make post about it would be to try to create an idea to others that a Dev Team is out there just banning folks for no justifiable reason.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
I always love the "my friend got banned for no reason!". How exactly does one know if their friend was justifiably banned or not? As much as a person wants to PRETEND they know the ins/outs of their friends, family, lovers, etc. the reality of life is that you DON'T. It's impossible for a friend to have 100% info/access to what a friend does in a game 24/7 to even remotely be able to attest as to if their friend's ban was justified or not.

Cavilier210

Master endo
Who the hell are all you people? FB has made commentary on their removal from the game of many people who were exploiting an economic bug. If you all were banned at the same time, it may very well be because you all somehow came into a hell of a lot of ingame wealth in a short period of time. However, you all agreed to the ToS, which I'm sure allows them to ban you for any reason if they want to when you get right down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.