Greetings from Down Under

6by9

New endo
Hi Folks,

Just stumbled across Starbase yesterday. As a long time player of space games and MMO’s (Eve Online, Elite Dangerous and my all-time favourite nostalgia trip, Star Wars Galaxies to name a few), Starbase really seems to have the basics what I want in a sandbox MMO. SWG was my favourite due to the sheer variety of things you could do, so the sandbox nature of Starbase I’m hoping will provide a lot of variety here.

I’m also a computer programmer in real life, so the chance of adding automation and “smarts” to the universe using YOLOL is what really sets this apart from the previous games I have played. But as someone mentioned elsewhere, I’m not just looking for building for the sake of building like other sandbox games offer, but building with a sense of purpose. Starbase seems to have a good grounding towards this, time will tell how it pans out I guess. I also love playing the economic game in MMO’s, more than the PvP side of things, so building unique products and trying to market them is something I hope will be well supported.

I have no access to the game unfortunately, but there’s plenty to read up on for now so time to dig in and imagine the future possibilities for when I can finally get in game and put my skills to the test.

Bye for now.
Six.

Hi Folks,

Just stumbled across Starbase yesterday. As a long time player of space games and MMO’s (Eve Online, Elite Dangerous and my all-time favourite nostalgia trip, Star Wars Galaxies to name a few), Starbase really seems to have the basics what I want in a sandbox MMO. SWG was my favourite due to the sheer variety of things you could do, so the sandbox nature of Starbase I’m hoping will provide a lot of variety here.

I’m also a computer programmer in real life, so the chance of adding automation and “smarts” to the universe using YOLOL is what really sets this apart from the previous games I have played. But as someone mentioned elsewhere, I’m not just looking for building for the sake of building like other sandbox games offer, but building with a sense of purpose. Starbase seems to have a good grounding towards this, time will tell how it pans out I guess. I also love playing the economic game in MMO’s, more than the PvP side of things, so building unique products and trying to market them is something I hope will be well supported.

I have no access to the game unfortunately, but there’s plenty to read up on for now so time to dig in and imagine the future possibilities for when I can finally get in game and put my skills to the test.

Bye for now.
Six.
Welcome to the community! I suggest you check out the discord for more info, and you can ask questions quicker there. Have fun with Starbase!