HELP CRASH ERROR GPU

I update the driver and this error doesn t appear now, but the game crashes every 5 or 6 minutes of game.
Every time it s crashes i must close the game using the task manager :(

Dustmuz

Active endo
i had that problem aswell last night.
this mornin, it works like a charm..

could be the amount of people in the area you are in.. last night it was quite high

TeoFB

Programmer
Frozenbyte
JoelFB:
# STEAM CRASH / GAME FREEZE We are aware of the game crash/freeze that also affects your Steam client, we're looking into it! In the interim, it might be worth to do the following:

Starbase game settings:
* Use low settings & use Windowed mode

Steam settings:
* Steam -> Settings -> In-Game -> Disable "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" (Multiple reports of helping)
* Steam -> Settings -> In-Game -> Steam Networking, change Default to Never (Multiple reports of helping)

More experimental/advanced:
* Set "High Priority" for the starbase.exe task in Task Manager -> Details and find starbase.exe, right-click, and "Set Priority" to High

People have reported less crashes with these settings.

Update 16:40 UTC: This problem is related to the Steam client; we are talking to Steam and are working with them towards a hotfix (which probably will take some time given the nature of the problem). We'll provide updates here as we get more information.
Pasted from Discord #Known-issues, I hope that this helps.

I was getting the same error as the original poster. After deleting my starbase apps/roaming folder the game was running well for about 10 min. Then I received another GPU error message but it was different this time which you can see below. Below are my specs and I have the most up to date Nvidia drivers. I have been playing the game since early access release and did not have this issue until today. Other than todays Hotfix I don't know what else would have changed between yesterday and today.

Nvidia 2060 RTX
Ryzen 5 2600X
32 GB RAM
Game installed on NVMe drive.
GPU Error.jpg

UPDATE:
The only way I have been able to get around this issue so far was reverting my Nvidia drivers back to Version 466.63. I am able to play longer than 5 - 10 min now. However, did get a different crash 30 min in but didn't see anything about GPU this time.

Last edited: