How armor system going to work?

Gknees

Well-known endo
i saw there is an armour in game. how it gonna work? what armor types will be in game (like heavy, light armor)? And will weapon not pierce armor sometimes?

Quinc

Well-known endo
Armor on your "endoskeleton" (i.e. your in game robotic avatar) is only decorative. There are over a dozen sets of "armor" (i.e. robot clothing) each with 19 pieces, which can be colored or recombined is various ways in order to customize your appearance.

Ships are make of a large number of parts that are bolted together. Each part has it own separate hitpoints, and can be damaged or destroyed separately. There are a variety of armor plates. These can be made of different materials, some of which take a lot more damage but are heavier. Of course a bigger part needs more material but takes more damage. You can arrange things however you want, and it is pretty simply to bolt more and more armor onto your outer hull, however the weight means you will move slower and need a better frame. Hitting the same spot on an enemy will increase the chances of penetrating, both because a shot needs less energy to go through a part that is already damage, and because destroying parts in a specific area will leave a physical hole. Though some weapons have a bonus to penetrating armor, particularly the rail gun.

There is a wiki page that gets into the specific formulas for when a projectile hits an armor plate. Each projectile has a certain energy which is multiplied by the density, transformability, weight, and corrosion level to get how much damage is done. Once the projectile energy is greater the remaining "armor value" hitting the part will cause visible damage. Most weapons create holes, "fracture damage" will split the part in two (plasma weapons, pick-axe). If it receives enough damage the part will disappear completely. Corrosive damage will slowly increase the damage a part receives from other damage types, and can spread between parts.
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Damage

The materials page now lists the transformability and density of most materials. "Bastium" is better for structural beams than armor. "Onium" is tough but heavy. "Aegisium" is apparently extremely durable yet lightweight, and the text implies it is resistant to corrosive damage; or maybe high "Transformability" bad. "Kutonium" makes for amazing armor but I have a feeling it will be incredibly expensive to make a spaceship out of it, like how IRL platinum is incredibly tough.
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Materials

Gknees

Well-known endo
Armor on your "endoskeleton" (i.e. your in game robotic avatar) is only decorative. There are over a dozen sets of "armor" (i.e. robot clothing) each with 19 pieces, which can be colored or recombined is various ways in order to customize your appearance.

Ships are make of a large number of parts that are bolted together. Each part has it own separate hitpoints, and can be damaged or destroyed separately. There are a variety of armor plates. These can be made of different materials, some of which take a lot more damage but are heavier. Of course a bigger part needs more material but takes more damage. You can arrange things however you want, and it is pretty simply to bolt more and more armor onto your outer hull, however the weight means you will move slower and need a better frame. Hitting the same spot on an enemy will increase the chances of penetrating, both because a shot needs less energy to go through a part that is already damage, and because destroying parts in a specific area will leave a physical hole. Though some weapons have a bonus to penetrating armor, particularly the rail gun.

There is a wiki page that gets into the specific formulas for when a projectile hits an armor plate. Each projectile has a certain energy which is multiplied by the density, transformability, weight, and corrosion level to get how much damage is done. Once the projectile energy is greater the remaining "armor value" hitting the part will cause visible damage. Most weapons create holes, "fracture damage" will split the part in two (plasma weapons, pick-axe). If it receives enough damage the part will disappear completely. Corrosive damage will slowly increase the damage a part receives from other damage types, and can spread between parts.
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Damage

The materials page now lists the transformability and density of most materials. "Bastium" is better for structural beams than armor. "Onium" is tough but heavy. "Aegisium" is apparently extremely durable yet lightweight, and the text implies it is resistant to corrosive damage; or maybe high "Transformability" bad. "Kutonium" makes for amazing armor but I have a feeling it will be incredibly expensive to make a spaceship out of it, like how IRL platinum is incredibly tough.
https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Materials
thanks