how hyped are you for starbase? will it be a "shut up and take my money" moment or not?

What's your "hypeness" scale?

• 100% SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • 75% I'm hyped, but a bit sceptical

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 50% i like the game but i'm going to wait before picking it up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25% Games pretty meh, i like space though

• 0% What am i doing here?

• Total voters

Tumbla

Well-known endo
Hopefully it doesnt get one of those bad steam EA releases where theres massive server crashes and unplayable lag. Even early access bad launches have a longterm effect on games their.

Lingontuva

StarCat | Novus Aurora Council
Hopefully it doesnt get one of those bad steam EA releases where theres massive server crashes and unplayable lag. Even early access bad launches have a longterm effect on games their.
i hope not, the game has a bright future but if the launch is bad then it slows down

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
I will be honest I was really hyped and then my hyped died a bit overtime. I think because we learned so much and know a lot about the game that my brain is starved for more knowledge. That being said with the birth of the forums I can enjoy picking and choosing conversations like this one that will make it more enjoyable and create a bit more hype again :)

Lingontuva

I will be honest I was really hyped and then my hyped died a bit overtime. I think because we learned so much and know a lot about the game that my brain is starved for more knowledge. That being said with the birth of the forums I can enjoy picking and choosing conversations like this one that will make it more enjoyable and create a bit more hype again :)
the game is releasing into Early access this year so when we're getting closer we will probably get more hype, then potential streams and videos will of cource gain us some hype :)

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
the game is releasing into Early access this year so when we're getting closer we will probably get more hype, then potential streams and videos will of cource gain us some hype :)
For sure. I think it's more that I learned a lot about the game and even if there is not many "new things" to learn it's more that my hype has become more conserved for the release rather then a full blown meltdown because I got hyped out. I'm looking forward to a much needed break and playing some NMS soon. Also have an IT Job working for a local ISP coming this fall too so I got some of my time finally eaten up haha.

Lingontuva

Pretty sure what's happening right now is just all the hyped peeps waiting for the big reveal :) as i'm pretty sure both me and you are ;)
For sure. I think it's more that I learned a lot about the game and even if there is not many "new things" to learn it's more that my hype has become more conserved for the release rather then a full blown meltdown because I got hyped out. I'm looking forward to a much needed break and playing some NMS soon. Also have an IT Job working for a local ISP coming this fall too so I got some of my time finally eaten up haha.

Strite

Active endo
Definitely day 1 for me. I really should know better, I've played more early access titles over the past few years than anything else and every single launch is a disaster one way or another. I mean no disrespect to FB, I'm sure they'll do everything they can to ensure the smoothest launch possible but let's be real here, there will absolutely be issues. Still, I'll be there day 1 with some holiday time booked to boot :p

Kenetor

Master endo
Definitely day 1 for me. I really should know better, I've played more early access titles over the past few years than anything else and every single launch is a disaster one way or another. I mean no disrespect to FB, I'm sure they'll do everything they can to ensure the smoothest launch possible but let's be real here, there will absolutely be issues. Still, I'll be there day 1 with some holiday time booked to boot :p
I think this is why they will be doing a limited closed alpha before EA, they can smash those easy found bugs once a larger group of people start running into them. I just hope the community realises this will be to test and EVERYONE that gets in should be reporting everything they find with detailed reports and not just using it to "play" the game

Morrgard

Master endo
I'm just so glad that they have waited 5 years telling us about its existence.. Otherwise, hype from a lot of players would've died a long time ago, and that would've been unfortunate to see.

Not a lot of people think about this when they see a new game, it only becomes more "Hype" whilst really, you only have to wait for a few months rather than years like many other companies do.

Lingontuva

I'm just so glad that they have waited 5 years telling us about its existence.. Otherwise, hype from a lot of players would've died a long time ago, and that would've been unfortunate to see.

Not a lot of people think about this when they see a new game, it only becomes more "Hype" whilst really, you only have to wait for a few months rather than years like many other companies do.
a game developed secretly for a bunch of years usually turn out better in my experience so high props to the frozenbyte gang, and yeah otherwise the hype also dies pretty fast.

Being a Community Manager for another game (that shall remain un-named), i know how badly hype trains can end.

But still, Shut up and take my money!

Morrgard

Master endo
a game developed secretly for a bunch of years usually turn out better in my experience so high props to the frozenbyte gang, and yeah otherwise the hype also dies pretty fast.
Agreed, it's really nice. Definitely the preference for a game that wants to keep the hype going and stay up.

Lingontuva

Agreed, it's really nice. Definitely the preference for a game that wants to keep the hype going and stay up.
Gamers like constant updates and info, if you run out of info before release then most people will just leave :sneaky:
Hopefully Frozenbyte doesn't run out before the end of 2019 and has the power and will to push out weekly updates (like stormworks, the devs of that have "update friday" where they update once every friday with some serious changes)

Kenetor

Master endo
Gamers like constant updates and info, if you run out of info before release then most people will just leave :sneaky:
Hopefully Frozenbyte doesn't run out before the end of 2019 and has the power and will to push out weekly updates (like stormworks, the devs of that have "update friday" where they update once every friday with some serious changes)
This i all new ground for Frozenbyte in terms of transparency, I am hoping for development blogs, team member interviews, like showing Jimi working on a new asset for example, explaining what it is. Similar to how System Era does it for there videos on Astroneer. This way they can slow down the information pace on feature videos otherwise we will see an information drop off if the game is coming much later this year

ST2005

Learned-to-sprint endo
The huge space sandbox with detailed destruction and building system will cost less, than Assassin's creed Odyssey, or Space engineers, 40$ vs 60$. Ofc it'll be hyped.

Sendall

Active endo
We may have to fight through a messy EA release just due to the huge scope of the game. Honestly anyone who is struggling for cash should hold off until we know.