How will espionage work

Cuz social engineering is banned on starbase, and espionage/spying involvez a lot of social engineering

will spying on factions be banned to mitigate this issue?

Tagarik

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
Cuz social engineering is banned on starbase
I think that's banned, because the main purpose of closed alpha is to help developing the game rather than anything else, and social engineering separates the community which isn't helpful at all.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
I can't say for the full release, but I'm pretty sure most inter-faction conflict is being frowned upon in the Alpha, mostly since we do need to be testing mechanics and things rather than fighting amongst ourselves.

Orlover

Well-known endo
Drama is not testing, its just drama. I'm very glad they are taking a stance against griefing and trolling in the alpha. Leave that for the EA people to play with. Maybe even hold it off until release. In the meantime lets all stay civil.

In DU we have been endlessly entertained by massive drama in other orgs. While it did point out (known) holes in the security of orgs in the game, it didnt serve any other purpose other than entertaining those of us not involved and letting us enjoy the schadenfreude.

If EA is open to everyone, then it makes no sense to go nuts against these things in it. Thats a good way to kill your revenue stream in a hurry.

Large scale drama between factions is likely to drive people away from the game. By making hard rules against social engineering in EA, the devs can focus on actually making the game rather than moderating conflict. Once the game is more stable, they'll probably relax the rules to allow faction conflict to happen.

Large scale drama between factions is likely to drive people away from the game. By making hard rules against social engineering in EA, the devs can focus on actually making the game rather than moderating conflict. Once the game is more stable, they'll probably relax the rules to allow faction conflict to happen.
The entire motivation for combat, which is one of the few things in the game right now, is faction conflict. Alpha is where the big changes and super strict rules belong, not a game open to the masses. Every MMO has learned this, often the hard way.

Messir Astaroth

Well-known endo
Can you give a name of a game where the large scale drama drove away more people than it actually attracted? Actualy, how tf can drama even drive away a single person, if its nothing more than exciting news and gossip for everyone around?