How will the player universe develop?

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
Now that game is out in closed alpha and even if it's too early to ask this question I wonder how the player universe will develop. Will people make station closer to the asteroid belt? Will some factions come out on top and other stuff like that.

Player stations are planned for at least EA if not before so i guess one the first stations to pop up is near the belt, safe zone border or moons

probably gonna get attacked or harassed on the point of being the first stations around and lone targets

Factions will of course make their own headquarters and depending on politics attack each other

we haven't found the last tier ore yet so if its a localized ore there's bound to be a warzone around that area

Else its gonna be a wave of miners slowly turning pirates and alot fighting / pirating outside the safezone

XenoCow

Master endo
Else its gonna be a wave of miners slowly turning pirates and alot fighting / pirating outside the safezone
I really hope that there aren't too many pirates. It'll make my job much harder as a pirate hunter/freelance if I have to worry about so many enemies. :(

Mr.Silver

Well-known endo
I'm really hoping the economy will be as great as Star Wars Galaxy or Eve Online, time will only tell :)

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
If this does happen I wouldn't be surprised if groups start targeting solo pirates and other small groups. I also think it's guna be difficult for pirates to pirate if their pirating group is to small and other stuff.

I'm really hoping the economy will be as great as Star Wars Galaxy or Eve Online, time will only tell :)
True, so far the signs are good
Its going to be fun watching the economy evolve with how each station has its own economy, now we even can create our own Jita :D (or remove it if its bad for business :devilish:)

It's probably going to be a mix. There will be a few big players in a few areas, but other than that I think there's going to be a lot of mid-sized and small-sized factions. Maybe they'll even unite/federate to battle the larger ones.

Quinc

Well-known endo
Slowly at first players will spread across the system. The starting area will continue to be the area with the most activity but most players will move out once they can. Creating your own station won't be easy but many will at least try. Later it will become possible to move out by renting in someone else's station or joining certain established factions. The largest trade hub will be in the starting safe zone, adjacent the NPC markets and newbies, but others will develop. The largest player-made trade hubs will make a specific point of allowing anything except piracy, though there will be a few lesser trade hubs that allow everything including piracy. Players won't be able to deplete the map as a whole, but the starting safe zone will eventually become noticeably depleted. Many will try to mine the areas immediately outside the safe zone as a intermediary step to moving out, but this area will become overrun with pirates. Unfortunately the depletion of the safe zone, and pirates immediately outside will become a problem for newer players and probably new player retention. Large hostile player factions may also act like barricades. FTL warp gates will help with this "barricade" problem. Even if larger factions own most of the warp gates, if you can rent out FTL travel, it will help smaller factions more. Some PvP groups will stay near the starting safe zones, but ones who want exclusive control of territory will move farther out. Non-PvP groups will either stay completely in the safe zone, or move the farthest away from the safe zone, out to relatively empty areas. Some of those areas might start out empty but eventually become rather busy.

Jasperagus

Well-known endo
Slowly at first players will spread across the system. The starting area will continue to be the area with the most activity but most players will move out once they can. Creating your own station won't be easy but many will at least try. Later it will become possible to move out by renting in someone else's station or joining certain established factions. The largest trade hub will be in the starting safe zone, adjacent the NPC markets and newbies, but others will develop. The largest player-made trade hubs will make a specific point of allowing anything except piracy, though there will be a few lesser trade hubs that allow everything including piracy. Players won't be able to deplete the map as a whole, but the starting safe zone will eventually become noticeably depleted. Many will try to mine the areas immediately outside the safe zone as a intermediary step to moving out, but this area will become overrun with pirates. Unfortunately the depletion of the safe zone, and pirates immediately outside will become a problem for newer players and probably new player retention. Large hostile player factions may also act like barricades. FTL warp gates will help with this "barricade" problem. Even if larger factions own most of the warp gates, if you can rent out FTL travel, it will help smaller factions more. Some PvP groups will stay near the starting safe zones, but ones who want exclusive control of territory will move farther out. Non-PvP groups will either stay completely in the safe zone, or move the farthest away from the safe zone, out to relatively empty areas. Some of those areas might start out empty but eventually become rather busy.
That's alot to predict but there's some cool points in there too.