How would you like to see cosmetics be implemented into Starbase? And how do you feel about micro transactions?

Cosmetic Micro-transactions?

• Total voters

Garino

Active endo
Personally I'd like there to be a fairly wide range of cosmetics available to everyone at the start, and then rarer and more prestigious cosmetics are to be earned via
1. Buying with credits
2. Achievements, such as reaching the moon
3. Playing the game (which kind of links with achievements)
The concept of extremely difficult to earn cosmetic for the most dedicated players sounds very appealing. Also if in-game micro-transactions for cosmetics were to be added, I believe it would be very important to make it so bought cosmetics are separate to ones that are earned via achievements so the reward for earning them isn't diminished.

Kmank

Well-known endo
I would do micro-transactions if it was purely cosmetic and if the best cosmetics were able to be obtained through gameplay. Also only if the money is re-invested into the game to make it better for everyone.

DrunkRussianBear

Chancellor of the Argentavian Federation
They'd be neat, but can't be taken too far. Wouldn't want to see rainbow robots and glowing gold plated firearms.

Morrgard

Master endo
I understand why you would want microtransactions but also why you would be against it. In the case, there are microtransactions I really hope it would be cosmetic ONLY and nothing that changes the game in any way by purchasing an item other than visual appearances. And even so I think all cosmetics should still be obtainable somehow in the game and that it shouldn't be anything that locks game content, but rather a way for you to show dedication and support to the game by donating (purchasing) the cosmetics. Perhaps a few cosmetic items that show you donated for it that are special, like a set or so

Venombrew

Master endo
I personally would like to see a wide variety of cosmetics, most importantly for me, something that fits along the lines of a cyberpunk look. i think cyberpunk fits well into a game like this, even in our faction brochure i designed the station logos to look like cyberpunk neon lights, as you can see in the attachment. if i could replicate that exact sign for our Red Devil Saloon it be awesome. ive seen the way current stations look, but when i think of mine in my head i see a cyberpunk world!

Attachments

DrunkRussianBear

I feel like those sorts of cosmetics should be buildable in game, not paid for.
I personally would like to see a wide variety of cosmetics, most importantly for me, something that fits along the lines of a cyberpunk look. i think cyberpunk fits well into a game like this, even in our faction brochure i designed the station logos to look like cyberpunk neon lights, as you can see in the attachment. if i could replicate that exact sign for our Red Devil Saloon it be awesome. ive seen the way current stations look, but when i think of mine in my head i see a cyberpunk world!

Venombrew

Master endo
in situation like this that doesnt change the play of the game but only looks, i have no problem paying for my cosmetics. since this is a one time buy only game to play, they need revenue strings to maintain a game like this appropriately and without subs they will have to at the very least bring in pay for cosmetics. they got to come up with money some where otherwise without one the game will hemorage money from company and at the end of the day they are a business that has to stay a float.

With most mmos, the subs is what pays employee salaries, maintaince, upgrades, etc. No money income, it eventually becomes a dead project.

Jetthetank

Veteran endo
Yea, I kinda see it hard to implement certain cosmetic types in a universe where everything is supposed to be built by the players, or is encouraged.
unless it is something like skins or something.
But I am just not a fan of Microtransactions in general.
But yea, not a fan of rainbow bots and weird out of place wacky things, ;)

Morrgard

Master endo
I believe they will be necessary unless they rather opt for DLC's

But as long as Cosmetics don't give you any benefits and they are strictly cosmetics, I would not have any problem with them either. It would be an ice way to show appreciation to FB and help them out and further fund Starbase development

Variabug

Well-known endo
I would think the most that they could add for transactions would be skins and paint add-ons. Anything else would be too much for this type of game.

DrunkRussianBear

I would think the most that they could add for transactions would be skins and paint add-ons. Anything else would be too much for this type of game.
Yeah, like I said prior I wouldn't want to see rainbow robots and glowing gold plated firearms.

Venombrew

Master endo
i was kidding, i know what you mean, when the do the cosmetics i hope they take real time and consideration in the look. a lot of games today with micro transaction cosmetics do a shitty gold, silver, or tiger stripes, something a kid with a few hours to spare could learn that in an afternoon. i would rather 15 badass looking cosmetics in 2 month time than 50 with only 10 worth buying.

dont drop the ball any part of this game and blimish what may be a master piece is how i feel.

DrunkRussianBear

i was kidding, i know what you mean, when the do the cosmetics i hope they take real time and consideration in the look. a lot of games today with micro transaction cosmetics do a shitty gold, silver, or tiger stripes, something a kid with a few hours to spare could learn that in an afternoon. i would rather 15 badass looking cosmetics in 2 month time than 50 with only 10 worth buying.

dont drop the ball any part of this game and blimish what may be a master piece is how i feel.
Tis hard to decipher jokes haha.

Kane Hart

Veteran endo
Lauri's going hate all this Cosmetic talk hehe. The idea of Cosmetic's was more of a if things not going well their not selling the game well, etc. Sort of a sinking ship scenario or maybe games been out for many years and just not many new sales. They rather improve and make the game better and better sort like No Man's Sky and make sales on that.

Example NMS right now top third in sales on steam so imagine PS4, Xbox, Steam and other for a 3 year old game. I think this sort of what Lauri is aiming for vs cosmetic micro transactions.

Garino

Active endo
Lauri's going hate all this Cosmetic talk hehe. The idea of Cosmetic's was more of a if things not going well their not selling the game well, etc. Sort of a sinking ship scenario or maybe games been out for many years and just not many new sales. They rather improve and make the game better and better sort like No Man's Sky and make sales on that.

Example NMS right now top third in sales on steam so imagine PS4, Xbox, Steam and other for a 3 year old game. I think this sort of what Lauri is aiming for vs cosmetic micro transactions.
The talk about microtransactions wasn't meant to be the main focus of this forum, but people seemed to want to talk about them specifically rather than cosmetics as a whole.