I just want to pew pew

I just want to fly around with friends and have pvp battles. To me this is the juicy gameplay I want but it is impossible to get to.

I would like a pvp arena where you can que up with friends and go into battle and fight. 1 v 1s, multiple ship battles, ranked fights. Choose a ship, join a squad, and launch into battle. You get destroyed you reset and que up again.

Multiplayer spaceship pvp is my favorite genre and it seems like this game has everything needed but it is locked away behind endless content and development. I don't want to jump through hoops for pvp. I don't care about mining rocks, I don't care about travel, I don't want to learn yolol, I just want to pew pew. I really need an enemy to fight against first before I care about all the other content.

Maybe I'm a minority, but it's what I saw on the trailers and videos about the game that got me excited. It is battles and combat and this does not exist in game. I wish combat was released first, then the game features were built up around it to support the pvp fighting. But instead it seems like pvp is an unobtainable goal with all the content being built up to enable pvp and faction battles but the scope just expands and the game will never actually get there.

Foraven

Veteran endo
But we have that Arena... Look in the patch notes, they added Robur station that is exactly that. It's in the safe zone, about 100 km of Origin 1.

DivineEvil

Well-known endo
Yep. The Robur station is at your service, right behind the Elysium gate, closer towards Eos.

Kodey

Veteran endo
You can also go to the PTU, which has infinite resources for you to craft with. Keep in mind the meta is different.

Vexus

Master endo
It's likely the battles and so on you're thinking of will develop slowly over time now with the new update. There should be a "pew pew" option, not in the form of an arena, but just joining Empire or Kingdom faction and going at your opposing faction in some semi-remote area populated with stations and ships and so on, but for now you'll have to find people and find a reason to fight on your own.

I envisioned Empire and Kingdom being fully operational large stations with factories which produced fighter ships automatically where players could just take them and go at the enemy. Kind of unfortunate that "instant" ship combat and FPS combat style isn't fleshed out yet, but I hope one day it is. So much potential is here.

J.D.

Veteran endo
i want combat to mean something. Ive seen many oppressive comments from the pve community that tries to supress the pew down to a shallow arena, or forced limiting to planned faction vs faction battles. incredibly boring. like. im falling out of my chair, knock over water onto something electrical, house burns down while im asleep im so bored. I like risk. Thankfully, we have a huge amount of nonsafe space. still, we need more mechanics that add risk to where it will actually show a difference on the market.

I like miners getting blown up. why? because the bigger picture. those miners carrying ore back to origin cause the supply of ores to rise. Thus, driving prices down. Over time, as this continues, charodium becomes 50 credits a stack. because no one buys. why buy when you can carrry with no risk? By this time, credits mean nothing. Not even the miners and otherwise anti pvp people benefit. economy in starbase absolutely crashes and burns. devs might as well remove the entire system at that point...

I like drama in a game like this. a group of people get pissed off because they are being trolled and oppressed by some other group, then really epic wars arise from this, one side bans together to try to kill the bad dudes so they can have their freedom, the other fights for control. By far the best youtube content ever, by leaps and bounds. A story thats formed from a sand box where risk is everywhere. I hope we get more mechanics to add to the risk, ie, heat detection, or radiation detection, of some sort.

Foraven

Veteran endo
i want combat to mean something. Ive seen many oppressive comments from the pve community that tries to supress the pew down to a shallow arena, or forced limiting to planned faction vs faction battles. incredibly boring. like. im falling out of my chair, knock over water onto something electrical, house burns down while im asleep im so bored. I like risk. Thankfully, we have a huge amount of nonsafe space. still, we need more mechanics that add risk to where it will actually show a difference on the market.
We are halfway there. They did reduce significantly the safe zones of Moon City and the Moon gate, going to the moon is now dangerous. Moon craters have all the valuable stuff on the moon but you can't cover it with a SZ so anyone mining there is a free target for the opportunists. Of course I doubt everyone hangs around those spots so finding someone to attack is mostly being at the right place at the right time.