I want to play the game :(

I really want to play Starbase, I check for updates almost daily, and every time it seems like Capitals are close they still aren't. It is what it is at this point part of me can't help but wonder if things could've been saved with a singifcantly smaller universe at least until other things were more fleshed out. I know every one's given their two cents at this point though.

How close do you guys think we are to seeing capitals? I'm like almost willing to play this game as a single player experience for awhile, but I need capitals to at least be on the Horizon, I know I saw some kind of dev update on steam saying there'd be an update on capitals, but I don't think i've seen anything sense.

I really want to play Starbase, I check for updates almost daily, and every time it seems like Capitals are close they still aren't. It is what it is at this point part of me can't help but wonder if things could've been saved with a singifcantly smaller universe at least until other things were more fleshed out. I know every one's given their two cents at this point though.

How close do you guys think we are to seeing capitals? I'm like almost willing to play this game as a single player experience for awhile, but I need capitals to at least be on the Horizon, I know I saw some kind of dev update on steam saying there'd be an update on capitals, but I don't think i've seen anything sense.

They're out on the PTU.

We have another couple features that need to hit PTU before they can come to live, namely, we need alloy furnaces.

Latest communication indicates that we're getting alloys in the PTU and then alloys & civ cap ships will go live at the same time, followed closely by military cap ships and sieges.

We don't have a specific timeline yet - we have an acknowledgement that the prior estimate of November for this year was "optimistic", and FB changed their stances on estimates to not provide release estimates for features hitting live until after they've hit the PTU.

My personal take on this, FWIW, is that we'll probably see both flavors of cap ships and sieges sometime in early Q1 of next year, but that it is somewhat reasonable to hope for civ cap ships in december.

shado20

Veteran endo
you do know you need a station to build a capital, and the capitals are supposed to be 10X o more the cost of stations. so as a solo player you need to work your way up to it and it will take you a long time.
but we need working stations first, as in you can live 100% out of it!

Erador

Well-known endo
Man, no one needs stations first. We need working game first. But the working game will be released (if everything will go smooth) at least in 2 years.

That will be very inefficient, if developers will focus on individuals' whims. (In long term)

Keep in mind, this game should be developed at first. It's developers favor, that they let players in into their masterpiece.

Be patient. :)

Well, here's for hoping something soon. The upside is if they add in Alloys and capitals, plus the other things mentioned, all at once, that will defintely be a update that'll bring people back.