Industry? Am I missing something?

As a new arrival I have been enjoying exploring the game. I came with some preconceptions whilst being fully aware of the implications of the build state, wanted to contribute to the development process.

The PvP and mining features are clear and seem pretty solid already.

Then I went looking at the market, base building, construction, materials, industrial processes etc and struggled to find anything.

I may be completely wrong, and am looking in the wrong place. Please do set me straight and point me in the right direction. Or perhaps those is as intended?

A rented lot is a place to meet and park ships, and maybe store things, but otherwise does not perform any processes of any kind?

My preconception was a space engineers style industrial process, with epic PvP, and player driven market, politics, and territories. But I'm not seeing that, nor is it clear in any roadmap.

I'm hoping you clever lot can set be straight, and tell me what a noob I am, and shed some light for me please.

Thanks muchly.

cranky corvid

Well-known endo
Some bits and pieces intended to support industry, such as lots and robot arms, exist, but the bulk of the planned features are not implemented yet. Projectors for holographic part or ship blueprints that can be built out in-world are in the pipeline, and there's eventually going to be a suite of tools similar to the handheld ones compatible with robot arms, which will be able to be used for factory automation. There will also be systems for ore purity and refining, as well as alloy production.

The economy will eventually be strongly player-driven, with some constraints & NPC manufacturing mechanics to ensure it doesn't have to be built entirely from scratch by players - the current situation is largely just a placeholder until manufacturing gets implemented.

Some bits and pieces intended to support industry, such as lots and robot arms, exist, but the bulk of the planned features are not implemented yet. Projectors for holographic part or ship blueprints that can be built out in-world are in the pipeline, and there's eventually going to be a suite of tools similar to the handheld ones compatible with robot arms, which will be able to be used for factory automation. There will also be systems for ore purity and refining, as well as alloy production.

The economy will eventually be strongly player-driven, with some constraints & NPC manufacturing mechanics to ensure it doesn't have to be built entirely from scratch by players - the current situation is largely just a placeholder until manufacturing gets implemented.
Sounds exciting. Really appreciate you taking the time to detail this. Thank you.

Verbatos

Veteran endo
We already have rail movers and robot arms on the manufacturing side of things, although more is planned for the future, from what I have heard.

In terms of base building, I would not currently suggest using the lots, as they are not very fleshed out last I checked, although within the last few months we have gotten access to player-made stations! They are a tad expensive for solo players from what I have heard, but if you contact one of the slightly larger groups I'm sure they can give you a run through!

kiiyo

Veteran endo
We already have rail movers and robot arms on the manufacturing side of things, although more is planned for the future, from what I have heard.

In terms of base building, I would not currently suggest using the lots, as they are not very fleshed out last I checked, although within the last few months we have gotten access to player-made stations! They are a tad expensive for solo players from what I have heard, but if you contact one of the slightly larger groups I'm sure they can give you a run through!
>tad expensive
>collective proceeds to struggle to keep resources flowing to keep up with the station
>c o l l e c t i v e