Initial state of the ship

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
When will the game have the opportunity to return the ship to its original state and set this initial state?

One small impact on an asteroid sometimes costs hours of time for manual repair of the ship and makes the game very tedious. I don't want to spend the whole evening repairing the ship. We need the opportunity to bring the ship to operating mode and get to the station where it can be quickly repaired for resources and money.

Please do it

Womble

Veteran endo
The repair hall is coming. When? Don't think anyone, including FrozenByte can give you anything definitive.

When you choose to leave the safe zone there is risk involved in doing so. Where your ship hits an asteroid but you are lucky enough to limp the ship back to the station for repair work. Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones where you end up losing your whole ship cause of a pirate.

If your not ready to deal with either losing the whole ship OR good deal of damage being done to it. Might be a good idea to stay in the safe zone

J.D.

Veteran endo
sounds like you are asking them to take away a huge mechanic in the game, and to add a reset button when you hit a roid, that idea sounds like it would break the game on several fundamentals this game has.

FLMNAG

Learned-to-sprint endo
sounds like you are asking them to take away a huge mechanic in the game, and to add a reset button when you hit a roid, that idea sounds like it would break the game on several fundamentals this game has.
huge mechanic....New players don’t understand the new mechanics
you can’t sell a PVP game with an untapped PVP mode because you use endless mechanics too long and too boring. (repair tool is totally brocken)

The game needs an easy repair mode but more expensive for those who just want pvp and grind the space in "no brain mode".
Why do you think most people don’t stay in the game? because it’s just too complicated for a normal person
Excuse me, but 3,000 players on an space MMO is crap, so you’re gonna have to make choices for starbase to become STARBASE

Last edited:

Coy

Active endo
The game needs an easy repair mode but more expensive for those who just want pvp and grind the space in "no brain mode".
Dont worry my friend they are adding a repair hall so you can fly in and get the repairs done that you need but I don't think it should be more expensive for pvp players specifically. but hey maybe you can change my mind about that.

Womble

Veteran endo
I think the repair hall should be more expensive than doing it yourself, possibly by a factor of 10 or so (compare what a car dealership charges you to fix things on a car to what it would cost you to do it yourself). But fixing things in the (pseudo)real world is a total chore, even if you've got the basic skills to attempt it, and there are some ships where it's simply not worth the effort and time and heartache to fix it; may as well break it for parts and use them to spawn a new one. This is particularly true for "interesting-shaped" or "efficiently-compact" designs, where it may not even be possible to get ths ship put back together after you've pulled out the things that you need to in order to fix the broken things.

If you had a tool that you could just paint across the ship and it would reliably fix everything back to the most-recently-saved-bloop, sure, you wouldn't need a repair hall, but, unless I've missed something (and I'll be overjoyed if I have), we're not there yet...

J.D.

Veteran endo
huge mechanic....New players don’t understand the new mechanics
you can’t sell a PVP game with an untapped PVP mode because you use endless mechanics too long and too boring. (repair tool is totally brocken)

Why do you think most people don’t stay in the game? because it’s just too complicated for a normal person
Excuse me, but 3,000 players on an space MMO is crap, so you’re gonna have to make choices for starbase to become STARBASE
“Excuse me” I’m talking about out in the middle of space having a reset button because your fighter got fucked up. That would be dumb as hell. It sounded like you were referring to “oh my ship is gone, let me just hit a reset button, bam it’s back.” But, the repair halls are coming, so I hear. That makes more sense to me, and having a reset button out in the middle of space in bfe somewhere would break the game, on several levels.

Last edited:

FLMNAG

Learned-to-sprint endo
Of course I totally agree with you!
I speak of the repair by the blueprint only to Origin station. :)

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
We need to repair any ships. Prefabricated and purchased and not only. We must set the initial state of the ship ourselves. There can be many of them. Since we can attach additional equipment to the ship

Last edited:

Womble

Veteran endo
https://www.reddit.com/r/starbase/comments/phpge0
This was a revelation to me... Maybe it'll help others.

As to different variants of the ship, you only have the one out in space, and I'm given to understand that the blueprint is saved once you undock from a station (whatever that means, precisely). So you'll be able to repair the ship using the methods in that reddit thread, but not amend its loadout. Which seems fair.

La_fleur_

Well-known endo
https://www.reddit.com/r/starbase/comments/phpge0
This was a revelation to me... Maybe it'll help others.

As to different variants of the ship, you only have the one out in space, and I'm given to understand that the blueprint is saved once you undock from a station (whatever that means, precisely). So you'll be able to repair the ship using the methods in that reddit thread, but not amend its loadout. Which seems fair.
This is good for field repairs outside the zone. And there should be a service station in the zone where you can fly and automatically repair the ship for resources and money so that it is ready for a new flight

Womble

Veteran endo
This is good for field repairs outside the zone. And there should be a service station in the zone where you can fly and automatically repair the ship for resources and money so that it is ready for a new flight
That's in the pipeline, I believe. The alpha provides when the alpha provides.