Joystick needs to be added

geezergamer

Learned-to-sprint endo
I understand that the complexity of the flight modules make JS as a global option nearly impossible but....

An in game flight module that the builder can setup/map by ship instead of the game client itself would be the best and most unique route.

Aha

Veteran endo
Pressing C enables you a joystickish function for the mouse, I guess the joystick should totally come to that! Yes? Devs?

geezergamer

Learned-to-sprint endo
Pressing C enables you a joystickish function for the mouse, I guess the joystick should totally come to that! Yes? Devs?
Ya I tried C mode but omg that was so cancer while trying to mine.
Even worse when you have an advanced flight computer because it mixes the maneuvering thrusters for up, down, left, and right into the control options. (Tested this on the laborer which comes with the Adv module) I went through propellant 4x faster.

blazemonger

Veteran endo
Joystick support is coming but I agree that it may be something that needs to get up the priority ladder a bit now that he game is in Early access. Then again.. That goes for a lot of things ;)

Aha

Veteran endo
Ya I tried C mode but omg that was so cancer while trying to mine.
Even worse when you have an advanced flight computer because it mixes the maneuvering thrusters for up, down, left, and right into the control options. (Tested this on the laborer which comes with the Adv module) I went through propellant 4x faster.
O ye, i abandoned it quickly too!

Not 100% fitting this topic, but when the devs work on joystick support, maybe also add custom axis for moving in the ship editor. It already feels so much like CAD, hooking uo my 3D mouse for moving would make it so complete and atleast me very happy!

blazemonger

Veteran endo
Not 100% fitting this topic, but when the devs work on joystick support, maybe also add custom axis for moving in the ship editor. It already feels so much like CAD, hooking uo my 3D mouse for moving would make it so complete and atleast me very happy!
Oh, support for spacemouse woudl be so awesome .. I have a Spacemouse Wireless which I use with EVE and it's glorious