Just joined.

Hello all! Just joined and am looking forward to seeing the game. I applied for the Early Access and am hoping to get in. I have a few questions to start:
1. Can you design your avatar/character?
2. Is the game build yourself/assets from scratch, or are you given an allowance to start?
3. Are there a lot of resets (too many to even start to worry about the first two questions)?

Thanx in advance.

XenoCow

Master endo
Hello and welcome. Here are some answers to your questions (and ones you didn't ask too):
  1. You are able to buy cosmetic armor sets at shops in the various stations, but everyone looks the same by default.
  2. You do have to start from scratch to get started. There are currently two jobs (robot sweatshops) that you can do. More will come later and are being worked on right now! However, you could also sign up to be a part of a player company that has resources thta it can share with its members. Thus, you can skip past the early game if you know the right people.
  3. There will definitely be one reset before the game enters early access (when everyone will be able to buy the game if they want to play). I don't know about now. I don't even know if there have been any resets yet in the couple weeks that the game has been in closed alpha. One of the ~300 testers would have to answer that question for you. I would expect resets fairly often though. You do get to keep your ship designs though, just not your money and stuff.

3. In closed alpha, we have not had a full reset, and I don’t think that is planned until the full release of the game. (Just to make us less unfair) We have had an economy reset (prices are reset), but that’s about it.
Welcome to the community!

Thanx. Appreciate the insight. Hope I get in to check it out; After the reading I was doing on the Closed Alpha, sounds like it may be a while.