make stations make sense!

shado20

Veteran endo
I propose eliminating the Easy Build Mode (EBM) station and returning to larger stations akin to the starter station. These stations would serve as territorial markers in space. Their foundation or core would resemble a generator capacitor bank shield generator, complete with a maintenance room and a shielded door for access control.

To maintain the station, players would need to use fuel rods. If these fuel rods are removed, the station would have an hour before shutting down. This feature could be utilized for station seizure; when a capital ship attacks the station, all shields, including those protecting the core, would drop. The objective would be to breach the core, remove the fuel rods, and hold them for an hour to reset the station to new ownership.

Alternatively, if a station is abandoned and the fuel rods run out, the station would become dead and salvageable by anyone. This system would add cost and scale to station ownership, reminiscent of the game's initial appeal. Stations should also be expandable with additional segments, similar to the old design.

ZombieMouse

Well-known endo
I'm hoping that when we get a capital ship designer, we will be able to use the same designer for our stations.

shado20

Veteran endo
I'm hoping that when we get a capital ship designer, we will be able to use the same designer for our stations.
i get it, but there is nothing, zero i like about the current player stations at all. not even 1 thing, not even a little bit. I was drawn to this game by the missive station concept, and the "game play" that comes with it, all of it.

playing other games with large mega tribes, the current player station will be a joke. all we are going to do is drop the cube, then layers and layers of blocks will suround the center cube, they will just be masive blocks of mass. so attacking them will take time to pound thrue all of that structure to take it out. its going to be stupid!

J.D.

Veteran endo
That’s part of the plan, yes. There will be a capital ship editor in the SSC, as well as a station editor to get a blueprint of what you want to build in game. Much needed. I haven’t even tried building either for the sake of knowing I’ll have to add and take away a lot, thus costing a bunch of material. So this editor will be great.