Melee Weapons

I know we will all have pickaxes from the start, they will help us through out our playing experience in both resource gathering and basic combat. However, i think me and a decent portion of the community can say that we would like a bit more than just a pick. Now, the basic idea could be just to add in flat out weapons like swords varying from a short sword to a claymore for my knightly friends, katakanas or odachi for the weebs, or cutlasses for the pirate bois.

Alternatively, we could have a customize able weapon, like a basic hilt that we get at the start of the game that we find or are given by a store NPC at the starting Station that we can expand on in any way we want. We could have it so that we find pieces and swap them out to make a melee of our choice, or we could build it like we build our ships, by hand. Be able to incorporate YOLOL and moving parts into a melee weapon and make a sword that can extend into a whip, or a hammer that fold into an axe. But as just a throw away idea, we could be able to put on small guns on it, making the handle turn from a hammer into a flak cannon that can do crazy damage up close, or a pole arm that doubles as a sniper rifle. Another idea would to be able to slap only one thruster onto the handle anywhere, thus making a rocket hammer that swings faster but also has a slow recovery time between swings, or a javelin that can be pretty much a rocket. That however i feel wont be possible but i wanted to just spit ball for a second. But, the handle doesn't NEED to be a weapon, it could also be used as a piece of gear that you can also make into a more efficient mining tool. However, knowing the community, it would be mainly molded into a weapon. The Choice is Yours to Make.
But, of course, to make it balanced with the existing weapons, the devs could have certain restrictions at the start with what you can attach to it, but later allow you to use more parts depending on another system like a tech tree or something of the sort.

TL : DR - Have a item that you get at the start of the game that you can barely use, but later on you can customize it to best suit you and make it your own.

STEALTH

Well-known endo
Going to have to pass on this, don't see some extravagant list of melee weapons fitting in the game. Sounds about as strange as the suggestion for freaking cyberpunk style weapons with wrist mounted rocket launchers. Not too sure what kind of game folks are seeking out of Starbase...seems like that stuff/ideas fit better with a "Survival Game" (Ark, Conan, Rust, DayZ,) or Battle Royales; I'd hate to see that stuff taint a Space MMO!

Sounds about as strange as the suggestion for freaking cyberpunk style weapons with wrist mounted rocket launchers.
Yeah that i can say is really not ideal for this game since, well i feel at least, weapons should be what ever is in your hands in this game, rather than trying to make yourself into a weapon. Although i get where they are coming from in wanting to augment themselves to be better equipped for combat.

But the main idea for this suggestion is not to have just a weapon, as stated i want there to be some sort of "multi-tool" that people can build to be their own kind of thing. Entirely up to the player to make it into a gun, a mining weapon, or possibly both, just is limited to the game and the player's imagination. Just something that would be with what SB is trying to be which is a space sandbox game based around building and customizing the space around you.

idk ive already seen the really extensive list of melee weapons already in starbase and it seems like its as in depth as it ought to be going. I don't know terminology but I'm sure a lot of what you suggested is already in game, or at the very least, modelled/planned. I don't have a copy of it but I had seen a picture of a ton of various melee weapons modelled and in game.

idk ive already seen the really extensive list of melee weapons already in starbase and it seems like its as in depth as it ought to be going. I don't know terminology but I'm sure a lot of what you suggested is already in game, or at the very least, modelled/planned. I don't have a copy of it but I had seen a picture of a ton of various melee weapons modelled and in game.
yeah definitely they have at least a few that i mentioned planned to be in the game sooner or later. But yeah, i have already seen what they have shown on both Wiki and Discord servers and just thought i would like to mention a few in this suggestion.

PvpMelee like a LifeisFeudal, or MortalOnline, or MountandBlade Warband, be really good
eh, i dont see the point in using those kinds of systems in this game. Would honestly hurt the game more than anything due to connections mostly, but also in my eyes not seem that practical in terms of how the game currently (with what has been publicly shown) works in terms of gameplay.

> Base <
Some shits example (not pro, but good skill)
there are probably still a lot of very good people in Mortal Online, but you'll have to look for the videos, among other things the pro techniques, it's to play with your back, a 180° to prepare your attack, and come back suddenly, passing through the target's back, to hit him, it's hit and run or the mouse moves a lot, it requires a vision of the vast space.

Otherwise there is the pvp of Conquerer's blade, but it's more in a moba principle, with skillshot and long cooldown 8s -30s 60s etc, it's a lot less subtle.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator