Minor patch notes of my dreams

Ozus

Endokid
Just a bunch of imaginary patch notes that would make me happy.

- Added scrap, a resource container that can hold a mix of ores;
- Building tool alternate fire now dismantles ship parts into equivalent scrap;
- Building tool primary fire repairs all parts in a cone in front of you. Cone is roughly the size of two ore crates.
- Building tool and crafting can consume the contents of a scrap stack.
- Building tool now also restored any welding or bolting that's present in the blueprint.

- All undamaged items of the same type now stack.
- Damaged items can be repaired within the inventory.

- Ducts now automatically connect to nearby sockets with a special Powered Pipe.
- Ducts now have an AutoConnect data field that defaults to 1.
- Ducts now come in additional sizes to better match the beams they are attached to, including 12x15 and 12x18.
- Windows now come in plate sizes.

- Collisions no longer break off parts.
- Collisions now damage the ship same as weapons do.
- Collision damage depends on velocity, structural durability and ship warp class.

- Any object that has a slot will now snap into that slot regardless of orientation as long as the cursor is pointing at the slot. Scrolling rotates the object within the slot.
- Any object with a specialized slot no longer requires bolting.
- Thruster Propellant and Electricity converter slots have been made generic. You can now slot any converter depending on the kind of optimisation your ship requires.
- Bolt locations have been removed from fuel rods and other special slot objects to avoid confusion.
- More of the commonly used bolt locations have been marked with an orange square.
- Beams now have additional snap locations on their longer edges.

- YOLOL Rack Chip Reader no longer accepts YOLOL chips.
- YOLOL Rack Chip Reader now comes with a built in screen that lets you cycle through, read and edit any chip in the local network.
- YOLOL Chips now have a YololError output data field, this will contain the last encountered error.

- All powered objects now come with an output data field, indicating whether the object is powered.
- All propellant consuming objects now come with an output data field, indicating whether the object has propellant flow.
- Data fiedls now display a tooltip when hovering over them. This displays the same information that is found on the wiki.
- Ship Designer Thruster Field Name Tool now always defaults to Manual when you enter the designer.
- Thruster Field Name Tool now has an additional option: Group and name selected device fields.
- Selecting multiple objects now lets you edit the name and value of all fields that share the same name.
- Ship designer Properties window now indicated whether a data field is output or input.
- Ship Designer move and rotate tools now display small letters next to each axis: x,y and z. These indicate the axis of rotation for the respective keyboard shortcut.
- Beams placed while in the ship designer are welded automatically, a weld sound is played and a faint glow slowly dims between the welded beams.
- While in the ship designer, you can now rebind the key used to enable mouse look. Default changed to ALT. Transform Target Mode: Contained change to CTRL + ALT. We apologize for all the accidentally deleted bolts, pipes and cables.
- Battery and Capacitor charge is no longer considered when considering parts available for building a ship.
- Pipes, cables and bolts are no longer considered when placing objects near or on top of them. This concerns both snapping and deletion of pipes and cables that overlap with moved objects.
- Sliders (doors) now indicate the sliding part and direction with yellow directional markings on both sides of the sliding part.
- Windows are now far less transparent when picked up or selected.

- All material amounts listed in "kv" have been replaced with an amount in stacks. The unit "kv" no longer exists as far as the user is concerned.

- Warp travel speed has been increased 100 times.

- Added a Refuel-able Fuel Rod for each tier. This can be connected to a container via pipe and will consume the appropriate resource at an higher rate compared to its counterpart.
- Added an Advanced Pilot Chair. This chair allows the pilot to zoom in while seated using the right mouse button.
- Added a scope tool. This tool lets you zoom in while it is equipped.
- Added an Ore Ejector. Connects to ore containers via pipe and ejects the configured type of ore with configurable and power hungry amount of force.

Daddystu

Active endo
A crate/container I can put things in. Ship parts, my tools, ammo, scrap.

Huge gameplay and QOL improvement for a relatively small addition.

I know its coming but can it have come yet? :)

Ozus

Endokid
Agree with most of this. Except pipe-connected Fuel Rods (this will devalue usual fuel rods), and Advanced Pilot Chair, just add scope tool.

Or just add filters to ore collector.
Personally, I'd like a pipe connected fuel rod efficiency and weight (including ore crates) to be tuned to where it's not feasible for smaller ships or even for ships requiring maximum storage and/or fuel efficiency. More meant for larger, general purpose ships where swapping out all the rods becomes too much of a hassle.

Either a scope or a chair with a scope. All I really need is relief for my neck.

Wheres the fun in ore filters? Violently ejecting your ore cubes at nearby objects sound like a lot more fun. Or using your ore as a propellant by ejecting it out the back. Think of the possibilities!