Modeler Magnetic Landing Gear

Modeler landing gear using similar parts as "robot arms" allowing them to extend out from the ship and secure it to a surface, allowing the owner to lower cost my not wasting flue to maintain position during loading, and making it more difficult for the ship to be stolen via Cargo beams.
they could also be used to secure small ships to large ones more effectively than an array of cargo beams.
in addition, automation would benefit greatly from them, as instead of needing to bolt thing to the mover on the rail then needing to be unbolted down the line, you could just turn on the magnetic foot and wean its done turn it off.
Cargo beams would still be a cheaper alternative, and still more effective at moving non-magnetic materials and objects, as well as securing Cargo.

(its also an aesthetic thing the game lacks)

Burnside

Master endo
there's no need for station-keeping in this game, but I do like having more solutions for a carrier deck

It would be a lot easier(I think) to implement magnetic (on one side) plates that you can then attach in different ways to hinges and hydraulic pistons of some kind. This will also encourage creativity and many types of landing gears.