Moon bases

STEALTH

Well-known endo
Same thing I asked on Reddit, hopefully we'll get details soon about how Moon Bases will function in regards to being attacked/defended.

Venombrew

Master endo
moon bases will have siege mechanics, i do believe it was Lauri who said it, or possibly one of the notes(progress or ptu), but basically moon base sieges will happen after the release of station sieges. until then the moon has 2 safezone formats, be near the city, or stay within your 150m area of your own base. once your outside either one, which you probably have to be to farm ore to build your moon base, you have to consider people may be waiting on you to leave your safety.

Last edited:

blazemonger

Veteran endo
It will be interesting to see how FB makes that happen as capitals can't come to the surface afaik.

I could see moon base sieges be more EVE style with an activation timer of sorts.. will be interesting to learn about.. I'd expect that offline raiding
will not be a thing.

Throdnk

Well-known endo
Some quotes from discord, 27.08.2021:

LauriFB#2542:
moon base sieges will follow station siege at some point
moons, missiles and deform means carpet bombing with craters, isn't that everything everyone ever wanted?
gravity is also a great final blow for ships, just shoot out some thrusters and let gravity do the rest
current idea is to enable the base siege from orbital military capital ship, but we will look into it when we get closer to it

(could be mid-atmo "orbit" too)