Moon safe zone.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Hey you all, I am just curious if anyone knows how far the safe zone on the moon will cover. The moon sounds like it will contain the most valuable ore. I figured it would be strange if this area is covered with a safe zone where everyone can gather this valuable stuff completely safe. Anyone know?

Its quite small, fairly close around the dev made city thats currently situated directly below the fast travel gate. You see tons of crashed ships laying outside of the safe zone already, its actually quite funny ;). So I don't think people are going to be gathering stuff from the moon in complete safety.

J.D.

Veteran endo
Its quite small, fairly close around the dev made city thats currently situated directly below the fast travel gate. You see tons of crashed ships laying outside of the safe zone already, its actually quite funny ;). So I don't think people are going to be gathering stuff from the moon in complete safety.
Nice, I appreciate the response. Although, I am curious if there is mining at all around the city, and if there is, what ores.

Vorg

Well-known endo
Anyway to figure out ahead of time how much thrust is needed to land on and take off from the moon?

Nice, I appreciate the response. Although, I am curious if there is mining at all around the city, and if there is, what ores.
Currently there is no mining yet on moons, this will be coming in a later update (see roadmap). But eventually we will be able to mine tunnels etc to get to the good ores all around the moon.

Anyway to figure out ahead of time how much thrust is needed to land on and take off from the moon?
Not sure how or if there is such a calculation. To be honest, I personally haven't had any big problems with landing on the moon. I have 12 T2 thrusters with a 160container ship (which was empty by the way). Only advise I can give is approach slowly since the gravity/atmosphere will pull you to the surface quite fast at one point.