My ship won't fly straight after repairs

So I fixed my ship after it had lost several engines in a collision. Thing is, it wont fly straight, it constantly pitches down and slightly left when I increase forward thrust.

I have already checked the following:

nothing is wrong with the cables and pipes, everything is properly wired, running, and connected to the ship network

nothing is wrong with the flight controls, all values are set to default

nothing is wrong with the FCU, all values are set to default

nothing is wrong with the MFC
within the MFC all the name fields are what they are supposed to be

within each and every thruster connected to the ship, all the name fields are what they are supposed to be, I have double checked this several times.

None of the maneuvering thrusters are thrusting when they should not be and altering the course of the ship.

When I throttle up, the back thrusters are displaying current thrust values that are balanced given their position on the ship, and are consistent with sending the ship flying straight forward without any sort of imbalance.

Now this is the weird part: when I cut the pipes that feed the thrusters above the ship's center of mass, the ship should be pitching up continuously instead of down because it unbalances the center of thrust compared to the center of mass. But when I do that THE SHIP STILL PITCHES DOWN.

I have no idea what is going on, do any of you?

My best explanation so far is that the ship has bugged out and the center of mass has somehow moved very far below the ship.

Another possible explanation is that I swapped out some T2 energy and power converters in some of the T2 engines for their T1 equivalent.

Do those T1 power and propellant converters alter the thrust of those T2 engines? It seems at first glance they only modify the energy and propellant consumption rate of the engines, but if they somehow modify the engine output without telling the MFC, that could be a possible explanation for the ship not flying straight when all of the engines are displaying balanced thrustercurrentthrust numbers.......

Honestly if that is the explanation, **** this game, how are we supposed to know that those parts alter the thrust, and why does the MFC not account for it.

Update: I swapped out every single T1 power and propellant converter I put on back into T2 converters, and the ship still does not fly straight, so that was not it.

Last edited: