Navigation buoy and refuel stations.

Foraven

Veteran endo
Can we have some waypoint buoys on the way to the new stations? Some easy way to know where we are going when not using 3rd party devices like ISAN (and it is only usable within 1000km). I am struggling just to get to the new market station, let alone go to the moon or the future pvp station. Also, it's fairly easy to run out of gas during long trips, having refuel stations in-between major stations (and the new ones to be added) could be life saving.

Edit: I do use ISAN, but it's not that helpful on it's own.

Last edited:

Womble

Veteran endo
You're going to have to start using 3rd party YOLOL or write it yourself for something. Why not start with ISAN?

Trade Station Markka can see the Origin stations.

Running out of fuel or propellant is a feature, not a bug. Something you have to deal with. Eventually, people might be in a position to set up rescue services and bring you go-juice if you run out, but the comms in-game isn't really there for that just yet; it'd have to be organised out-of-game (probably on the Discord). Maybe they'll set up a chain of gas stations for the time-strapped commuter.

Or you can just make an adventure of it. Bolt some extra fuel rods and prop tanks to the outside of your craft and make sure you're running efficient. Given how hard it is to find a PvP fight, contesting against the actual environment has to count as one of the "fun" bits. I certainly find it so. Design and build a craft that won't run out of fuel, or which can wilderness refuel. Take steps to look after your investment rather than just wandering outside into a blizzard in your pyjamas with your thumb up your fundament.

First, you don't need refuel stations. You can refuel fuel rods with Nhurgite (or Exorium respectively) and propellant tanks with Ice at basic crafting bench. Just don't forget to hook up bench to your ship's pipe network.

Second, i, personally, like that there is no builtin coordinate system and players themselves must solve this.

Last edited:

Jakaal

Active endo
A lack of a corordinate system is one thing, the only nav tools being transponders or a bargain basement GPS is an entirely different beast.

First, you don't need refuel stations. You can refuel fuel rods with Nhurgite (or Exorium respectively) and propellant tanks with Ice at basic crafting bench. Just don't forget to hook up bench to your ship's pipe network.

Second, i, personally, like that there is no builtin coordinate system and players themselves must solve this.

Sooo.... I'm told the sockets on the bench's are just for show and actually aren't functional.

Foraven

Veteran endo
They did add the Ghost stations, I'm quite happy with that. Gosh, I don't know why some players have the elitist view that we have to craft and organize everything ourselves when a simple fix like that can go a long way to make it more playable for the mass.

Foraven

Veteran endo
Why would I want to go to a station the devs created and has no actual value for me as a player...
It does for me and other players that are tired of getting lost while trying to get somewhere. If I go to that place I know other transponders will be in range from there, so I can navigate more easily. I don't need to build a special ship or hook tons of crap on to it just to know where I am.

Foraven

Veteran endo
ISAN isn't that hard to use or implement.
Isan only tell us where we are currently, not where we are going. I know there is a waypoint system made by someone else but that requires extensive setup to work and it's quite useless beyond 1000 km from the origin stations or on the other side of the jump gate.

In the mean time, having waypoint station just help everyone.

Isan only tell us where we are currently, not where we are going. I know there is a waypoint system made by someone else but that requires extensive setup to work and it's quite useless beyond 1000 km from the origin stations or on the other side of the jump gate.

In the mean time, having waypoint station just help everyone.
Maybe they should just give us nav bouy's we can drop, instead of spamming dev stations all over the place as a solution.

Daddystu

Active endo
I like the Nay buoys, beacons, waypoint marker idea - player droppable. An in-game map with ability to log POIs may be a better option. The game code obviously reads co-ords of each player/item at any given time.

Inventory crates first though please ! :)