New Tool or module

Womble

Veteran endo
They're working on having the option of "chopping in" an existing ship to use as components for a new one. I guess there are a few wrinkles to it, like "what to do with bits that aren't used in the new one", that they have to decide where to go with. A "disassembly hall" that will (for a fee) just deposit all the parts into your Station Inventory would be great though. Needs Inventory 2.0 though, I would imagine, since it would be easy for a large deconstruct to exceed your storage slots...

I think a new tool to melt down built ship parts into their basic crafting components would be a great addition.
Yes! With this tool i could smelt and craft a crafitng bench over and over, to get all the expirience I ever need.
I think the smelter should be a staion-area (like that facotry-area), consumuing vast amounts of power. It's primary usage would be smalting captured ships and loot.

That would be an exploit i did not think of, they would have to address that only awarding a portion of the materials back from smelting.

Why is it an exploit? To learn how to construct something from lego or how to make things of modeling clay, or how to assemble an assault rifle you can use one set of lego parts or one box of clay or the same rifle over and over... So that's not an exploit.

I suppose, it would also have a great effect on space garbage. Newer players could be melting down scrap and keeping the stations cleaner while building upgrades as well.

Agonarch

Active endo
They're working on a system like this for salvage according to the notes, but it's a large station forge/refinery type deal rather than a simple hand-tool.