Notification About Next Patch: Auction House and Fast Travel

JohannaFB

Community Manager
We have a patch planned for later this week that will include some significant changes and new features!

Firstly, the patch is bringing the Auction House to the game, where you can sell and buy materials and ore at player-dictated prices. This patch will not be changing the Spaceship Designer to require ores while purchasing a ship yet, but that is likely coming in next week's patch. The Spaceship Designer will then be requiring the ores used in the build when purchasing the ship. We previously posted a brief overview about the upcoming economical changes related to the implementation of the Auction House, which you can read here: https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/feature-introduction-auction-house-and-material-economy.1518/.

Secondly, this patch will include the first version of fast travel. Fast travel is currently only set up for the nearest moon and back. The journey will take approximately 12 minutes. The moon does not have gravity enabled yet, but Closed Alpha players may want to consider that it will be added in the future, so if you park there, your ship may get stuck or destroyed as it falls to the ground when gravity hits.

This first version of fast travelling is free and does not consume energy, but the final version may have costs. Players are not going to be able to build their own fast travel gates yet, but that possibility may come in the future, after station building has been implemented.

Please note that fast travel is still heavily in development, but it is added in for testing and feedback. The current visualizations are still temporary and it may break ships in the process. If you drop from your ship or get disconnected in the middle of fast travel, you will lose your ship and end up stranded somewhere in space. Thus, be aware that using fast travel is currently a conscious risk to your ship.

Additionally, weapons will be gaining reticles in this patch, which should improve the overall feel of them, especially with scopes.

On a final note, multiplayer tech improvements are also in development. There's a fundamental 'under-the-hood' change related to entity transfers that is coming in this patch. This relates to potential issues with objects disappearing or actions not 'going through' that may occur in situations with multiple players. Various issues are unfortunately going to still occur, but with this change, we are beginning to take steps towards a smoother multiplayer experience. We are sorry for the inconvenience related to these issues.

As always, please be patient with us and wait for the patch notes and the patch for more information.

Closed Alpha disclaimer:
We have entered a development phase where significant changes are coming in every major patch. These may have a big impact on your gameplay and we are sorry about the inconvenience and possible frustration! Through these updates, the game is starting to come together and pieces are falling into place. We hope that this is also visible to all our players and everybody who follows the game. Regardless we will continue to try and notify our Closed Alpha players of the biggest incoming changes the best we can.

SubaruSama

Veteran endo
and again, another nice patch while I'm away from home...
why does my timing so often suck...
some lucky bastard please crash into a moon for me^^

STEALTH

Well-known endo
STARBASE just makes me weep more and more with tears of joy of how it's coming along! I long lost getting hyped about any games in recent years but SB is one that's giving me hope of finally having a space game I can enjoy and will scratch all my space itches!!! I love the direction you guys are going with each category of the space genre!!!

Only thing so far that I don't fully agree with is TPP for the Endos but that thankfully is a minor thing (and I understand many others love TPP in their games). I'm loving all these other features/design direction tremendously!!!