Part Will Fall Off in Collision Warning. WHAT???!?!

Hey guys I keep getting that crazy "Warning: part likely to break if a collision occurs near it." message.

Umm, this is doing it to some of the buttons I put on a control panel. How important is this because it doesn't make sense? I don't want my ship randomly falling apart on me. It also does it for all ducts 36cm or under. and no matter how many bolts I put it doesn't change. My ship's overall warp class is 4.76 but yet I get these messages. Can someone explain?

Attachments

Mur

Learned-to-turn-off-magboots endo
The front of my first ship love tapped a astroid and it lost a bunch of plating and MFC, might want to check what it is bolted to.

*FS*

Well-known endo
I've been thinking it's a game within a game? I fix something and something like what you have pops up?

Womble

Veteran endo
I think a big part of it comes from the lack of bolt strength. I made a post about increasing it so that it should reduce the wack-a-mole warnings.
I didn't find that extra bolts helped much in some cases. 5 bolts in a 48cm duct (it's in the channel of the beam and every bolt holds only the duct to the beam, in contact) should be enough, right? Nope. Not all the time.

[Edited to add:] I, too, would welcome any data or anecdata regarding this phenomenon. The way damage propagates through a ship is fascinating to me, and if it's as sophisticated a model as it first appears to be, is a major selling point if it's relevant to how ships perform.

*FS*

Well-known endo

Attachments