Perhaps Smaller Voxel Size variations on parts?

Essentially the ability to add smaller size variations on parts, making various devices a small amount of voxels smaller, or even a large amount, making size variations such as a: small, medium and large kinda deal. I'm of the idea that it would be easy to balance out and implement by essentially copying over the outputs and storage equaling, increasing and decreasing, based on the size. I'm of the idea that you might also be willing to add various benefits to using large clusters of small devices, as opposed to one large variable of the same size, in parts such as engines. maybe adding that cooling works more effectively as you may be able to increase the inputs/outputs over a larger surface area of objects. I believe you may already have a system in place for smaller plates and support structures, and i believe it may also be easy to increase the prices on more small vs less large. As well as the ability to add this to existing ships, making a "luxury" or "expensive" ship could have extremely large combinations of both.

As well as this, it would be nice to have the option of making smaller "drone" ships or something along the lines of a space bike.

May be a long-shot, but i believe that this game is going to really blow up, So i'm getting my suggestion in early so it may be heard.

CalenLoki

Master endo
Firs of all voxels are something like 1 or 2 cm3.
So there is absolutely no point in making them smaller.

But I believe you actually meant parts size. Most parts seem to have dimensions that are multiplication of 12 and 24cm. That's 1/64 and 1/8 of the volume of SE small grid blocks. That's quite small.
So I'd say give those a go before asking for even smaller parts.

i Partly agree with AppleEater, their are a number of parts that could have a more compact variant available, or even be expanded into something extremely large wean something more powerful is needed.
Weapons in particular would Greatly benefit from having theas variants available, as small Fighter ships could be more compact, and capital ships could be outfitted with more than just flack and anti-personal weapons, but would be capable of actual battleship ship to battle ship combat.

Last edited: