Player Assisted Infrastructure

SubtleSloth

Well-known endo
With the idea of warp gates and such being implemented at some point in the game’s future, I thought it would be an awesome idea to have the players assist in the actual building process. I don’t mean just bringing materials, I mean actually helping with the assembly. I think this would greatly add to the immersion of the game and as we pave the way for future players, they can see who put in the work to get us where we are at that point. If the game is about exploration and discovery and the like, I feel like we should be able to be a huge part of the expansion part instead of the devs just spawning a warp gate or something. I feel like this would bring a huge sense of pride and worth to the entire community.

Meetbolio

Veteran endo
I'm pretty sure the plan was for the players to build the gates from the beginning. No dev help.

I'm personally more for the idea of the construction of "space highways"; They would require construction of "goalposts" that would define the direction of the highway, and if you stay in said highway your boosters become a tad bit more effecient, allowing for faster and longer-distance travel.

SubtleSloth

Well-known endo
I'm pretty sure the plan was for the players to build the gates from the beginning. No dev help.

I'm personally more for the idea of the construction of "space highways"; They would require construction of "goalposts" that would define the direction of the highway, and if you stay in said highway your boosters become a tad bit more effecient, allowing for faster and longer-distance travel.
I like this idea as well, either way, I want all infrastructure to be player built. Jobs received from stations and such can send you to the place you need to be and you can just go to town building something that could possibly be part of the game forever.