PTU Update 14.1.2022 (PTU Build 752)

AuraFB

Community Manager
Frozenbyte
PTU Update 14.1.2022 (PTU Build 752)

Easy Build Mode - Station
  • Fixed an issue when objects were sometimes being placed on top of each other when placing modules rapidly

Factory Hall Areas
  • Fixed an issue that prevented other players than the owner of the Station from being able to start cabling on floors and walls

Inventory
  • Prevented placing parts from modules in Station Inventory when using quickbar
  • Fixed an issue that caused subitems from entityitems in Station Inventory being recognized as single items in quickbar
  • Fixed an issue that occured when exiting the game before Ore transfer finished
  • Fixed an issue causing the right click context menu options being available even when the Inventory was locked
  • Fixed an issue with tooltips and hover effects not working for inventory windows that lose focus
  • Fixed an issue with the Backpack window taking input from outside the window when it is being scrolled
  • Fixed an issue where the Backpack Material Slot rings were being displayed outside the window area
  • Fixed an issue where double-clicking tools/weapons/armor from Station Inventory did not equip them
  • Fixed an issue causing the Station Inventory search not working for modules
  • Fixed a crash when dragging items from new inventory windows to the old inventory window
  • Fixed an issue where item icons were not previewed when items from the new inventory windows were dragged and hovered in the Quickbar

Ships
  • Fixed an issue where projectiles were hitting the ship they were fired from

Ship Designer
  • Fixed an issue causing personal module folders to randomly disappear and appear

Ship Shops
  • Added ships:
    • Miredge 8 to OKI 3
    • Goldfish to Rando 1
  • Removed ships:
    • Kreeft from OKI 2
    • Myrmidon II from OKI 3
  • Moved ships:
    • Stibnite from OKI1 to OKI 3
    • Fl-A Xiphos from OKI 1 to OKI 2

Tripods
  • Changed Tripod pickup input to Grab (Default keybind "E") from Pickup (Default keybind "F")

UI
  • Fixed an issue in crafting tooltips showing the bench requirement with red when a bench was available
  • Fixed an issue where HUD UI could be manipulated with a hidden cursor when the Universal Tool was open
  • Fixed an issue in Deathbox window where it would close with the same click if the cursor was hovered over the close button

PTU Only
  • Fixed an issue that enabled Moon Base Foundation Module to be unwelded
  • Improved warping a Capital Ship into a Capital Ship Dock with a more suitable destination pose
  • Capital Ship Production Values in Utility Grid Terminal can now be modified using value bars as sliders

Zarenno

Active endo
Neat little patch, but can we get an update on the radiation tracking system?

Last edited:

fr4me01

Active endo
  • Improved warping a Capital Ship into a Capital Ship Dock with a more suitable destination pose

Aww that sounded interesting

or what about patching bugs that are littered in the game? like disappearing ships or random stuff like lasers stop working, you know game braking stuff? just asking... for a friend.

Askannon

Veteran endo
Nice, now could you roll those updates into the real game? You know, the one people play in? Haven't had a single patch since November....
(from Starbase Discord - #faction-lounge, 14.01.22):
KaiFB:
"I think we will get live patch with repair halls and qol stuff but not capitals for example"
User1:
"What leads you to believe that?"
KaiFB:
"because we are building such a patch"
User2:
"Is it going to include the laser magazine "fix" ? :X"
KaiFB
"i would certainly hope so. All the good stuff but not the big features that are incomplete is the goal last i heard"

(from Starbase Discord - #faction-lounge, 14.01.22):
KaiFB:
"I think we will get live patch with repair halls and qol stuff but not capitals for example"
User1:
"What leads you to believe that?"
KaiFB:
"because we are building such a patch"
User2:
"Is it going to include the laser magazine "fix" ? :X"
KaiFB
"i would certainly hope so. All the good stuff but not the big features that are incomplete is the goal last i heard"
Any idea when this will happen? An estimate? A guess? Not trying to be negative but an "I think" from a person with intimate knowledge of the operation is not exactly promising.

I am hopeful for changes and improvements... but I am pretty skeptical given the things FB has said in the past.

Askannon

Veteran endo
Any idea when this will happen? An estimate? A guess? Not trying to be negative but an "I think" from a person with intimate knowledge of the operation is not exactly promising.

I am hopeful for changes and improvements... but I am pretty skeptical given the things FB has said in the past.
My best guess is (because its been stated again and again that they learned that deadlines is not their forte) that they will refrain from giving ETAs for things that might or might not encounter a delay.
He says it is in the works, and tying together features that techwise are already done is less demanding, only tedious because you need to be careful that you get everything ported.

What follows is only wishful thinking and not based on any sound reasoning:
Personally I suspect they want to have it ready during the next week, before the rescheduled holiday event, and are tightlipped about it due to the possibility for delays.